New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : innapopriate post and out of subject

HI I am jack I am from the USA, I am in Saigon now and hope to meet people that can travel more than just 5 K like most locals do not like to do

Hello

My name is Elizabeth 26years old am from Tanzania but now i live in Dubai but i want to move to USA i want work from there i have done to my education iand i would like to work in USA and i like this country i will do anything but i dont have money for a ticket and visa i want say that i can do any jobs any challenges so for any one want someone for work am here please for anyone want me reply here and if need contat ask me

Dear All,
Let me thank u all members of this Group i hope we will achieve more if we will work to gether as one group
I would like to say if we put the masterplan of projet we will get the best result, i am Rwandese from Kigali City but i want    to move from there to Florida in USA as well. if you help me to reach there i will make a project the title of project is why people move from one place to an other area.
i am experinced in travel and tourism management.
thank you all followers.

I am 35 old years intrested reading watch movies, music

I am a new member of this site. I am final year student, I want to find some new friends.

29 Male, living in Exton/West Chester PA, very much near Philadelphia. Moved to USA in February.

Where did you move from?
I moved from Karachi, Pakistan. I was in Singapore for a while before this.

What are you doing?
I am a Software Engineer, usually Programming and Development, but for now I am leading a technical team and managing teams offshore.

Why did you move?
I am working here and wanted to make a living.

Tell us a bit about yourself.
Easygoing, fun, and gasoline in blood. I would like to make friends to visit around places.

wixmemon  Welcome and thanks for the introduction

Bob K

Hi there .. I'm William , single , Indonesian. Wants to meet anyone ( male , female ) in Miami, Florida. I will relocate in Miami , Florida by June 5th , 2015. I working in hospitality Industry as a Hotel Manager.

Regards,
William Iswahyudi

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not share your phone number on a public forum for your own security

William welcome and good luck on your new job.
Have you posted in the Miami forum?

Bob K

Hi I'm Thato Putu.

I've been accepted at Illinois Wesleyan University. I got a 40% scholarship and have to raise the rest. I'm looking forward to being part of the state of Illinois so I'm appealing to you guys to help me raise funds to make my dreams come true. South Africa is far away but with your help I could be there in August.

Thank you and God bless.

Hi,

Myself Lalit Verma, I moved to Virginia November last year. Working in DC. Commuting by metro.

I am new to US and would like to experience US , culture, people etc.

Thanks and Regards
Lalit Verma

hi I rely like USA

My name is Eddie Isles originally from the Philippines. I came here in 1987 and settled since then. I have my wife, 2 sons age 23 and 27. I find this country a land of opportunity and very challenging. When you get older, it is time to settle back where you come from and start a new life for your retirement. Where ever you go, you will face some challenges. I visit the Philippines twice in 28 years and I feel I am a stranger in my own country in my 1st visit. The 2nd visit I feel I am home and I stay longer and I learned the attitude of the new generation. The respect still there so I decided to visit the Philippines every 6 months for a business vacation. Good luck.

Thank you. I am currently in Chapel Hill, Raleigh NC. We are busy sorting the schools and looking for homes. It would be great if there are some SA expats we can talk to for some info. Seems finding the right "school vs neighbourhood" is harder than expected. We are from Pretoria....and only have today and tomorrow to make our final choices :)

Chris

Hi!
My name is Malin and I am a 17 year old girl from Germany. At the moment, I am spending a year abroad in an American High School (Junior year), but I will have to go back in a month. My dad is currently living here, but he will return to Germany next year, too. I plan on going to college in the U.S. (which will require a lot of hard work, but it is achievable for me), and after that continuing to live here, and maybe eventually become a citizen. I joined this website because I hope to find advice on how to find sponsors for a work visa (which is going to be my biggest obstacle), and on the whole application and immigration process, as well as hear about the stories of other expats.
I am looking forward on finding a lot of information  ;)

Welcome and good luck with your adventure.  You should look at the visa section (link is in the upper right of this window( for lots of good information.

Bob K

Thank you  :)

Hi j

HI does NOT work here. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Bob K

My name is Laura, I am from France and have been in the US for 5 years. I love the US but love France even more. I have lived in Alabama and in Indiana.

I can help anyone who has questions about universities in the US or culture shock!  :top:

I lived in the US for 56 years and If I moved to Alabama or Indiana I too would have culture shock :D:D:D:D

Bob K

It definitely was a big culture shock!! Not going for the easiest states!

Hello,
my name is Irmi, I am German and live since 1998 in Florida. I spent last year in Germany because of family affairs, now I am back in the US and feel like an expat. I got used to the German people and customs again and would like to connect with Germans in Florida, preferably Bavarians so I can speak my native dialect and laugh my heart out (but not a must).
I have grown children and live with my youngest son in my home. My three daughters are out of the house and I am about to become a grandma. I am a yoga instructor, teach weekly classes in my town. I am also an artist and recently became a member of a very nice art gallery. I am very versatile, energetic and like a healthy life style.
I live  in the Pensacola area and would like to connect with Germans in that area.

Welcome to the forum.  Did  you post this in the Florida forum?

Bob K

I am not sure, I don't know my way around that well. I would like to find the Florida forum.
Didn't know they were forums for the different states.
Thanks for replying to me Bob!

Here is the link for the Florida forum:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=456
Good luck

Bob K

Hello,
my name is Irmi and I am originally from Munich, Germany.
I live in Milton, FL since 1998 but spend the last year in Germany for family reasons. Now I am back and I feel like an expat. I got used to the German customs and habits again, specially to the language. I am looking for German people in the Pensacola area to connect for socializing. If you are from Bavaria it would be amazing and I could speak my native dialect and laugh my heart out!

Im ahmed im from Abu Dhabi united Arab Emirates and im 23 years old my dreams when i was a kid is to live in USA and study there and finish my education in USA and also work in USA i love USA its better than Arabic country the government in Arab country are no good and the way Arab life is sucks i hate to live in my country the only thing that has stop me for achieve my dreams my stupid family and my family by the way we are broken family my mom and dad thay divorce and my sisters and my big brother thay are evil thay always fight with my mom thay are disrespectful and thay really bad evil thay hurt my mom alot and cause her to much pain my mom is goddess she is angel she did alot to us she did everything to make us having a good life and she takecare of us im the only one who love my mom with every beat in my heart because im true man anyway problems family had give me issues and i struggled to finish my education here also in my country i stop at 8 grade and now our stupid government thay force us to be in military and becoming soldiers and ofcorse my life now worse than ever now im really have more issues and more pain and sadness my Luck in this stupid life is sucks now im really despair to get and find solution to get out from serving in military army of united Arab Emirates im really don't know what to  say my life is sucks and there's no words can describe my feelings and also my life no words can describe really how my life and the situation that im in maybe who well read this maybe he/she i don't have problems and i well be fine that what i think anyway this is really all i can say i wish if there's American family can take me from this hole of nightmares .,

And also the only thing i well say fuk our kings fuk the government and fuk my country i hate my country and there stupid rules we must have freedom rights not to force us to be soldiers and serving in military look to USA Thay have freedom rights to choose if thay want to serve in army or not i wish if i was American i belong to USA not UAE

Wow you need help and I am talking about emotional, psychological, and mental help.

Just guessing  here buy I think the last thing the USA needs is an angry, uneducated young man.

Bob K

Hello Abu Dhabi,
I am sorry to hear you have so much trouble in your life right now! I was thinking about your words and first I did not know how to reply because sometimes there aren't any easy answers or solutions.
I do not know much about your country but I believe what you say because for you that is reality.
It looks like you are in a situation where you can't get out right now. How long do you have to be in the military?
When you (or anybody else) is in a situation that can't be changed right away, you have to find a way with your mind to stay in it until you can get out without getting hurt. Imagine you are out on the ocean in a small boat with only a couple of people (imagine those people are your family) and there is no land in sight. You have to stay on the boat with those people until your reach a harbor to get off. If you make trouble on the small boat changes are it will put you and the others in danger. If you jump off the boat you probably jump to your death. If you want to have a chance to survive you have to stay on the boat and cooperate with the other people event though you might not like them that much.
You have to learn to control your thoughts and feelings into avenues that make your life better in the long run. See if you can advance yourself by learning, you have a computer so there are many opportunities to learn for your future and  for the time you really can make a change. You also can help the people you love, for instance your mother. Stop fighting so much against everybody and start to be smart. And I am sure it is a very hard life you have to live right now but it can and will change. But you have to direct your energy and use it for your advantage. Prepare for the moment when your boat reaches a harbor.
I am 30 years older than you and have been in situations in my life where I had to use this imagination for years to stay in an unfulfilling marriage because I had no other good options for me and my children.
Then a harbor came and I was prepared. And I am telling you it is still not easy but at least I am free.
I wish you good luck, be smart and all the best for the future!

Hola !

For the many Uruguayans and Argentines now living in the United States and who miss making a provoletera appetizer,  your problem is solved !   I have designed the Quesalera ! 

Please visit Quesalera.com

Laura

Hi folks, my name is Zack & I am from Singapore. I am less than a month old in LA & will be positioned here for work for at least 2yrs. I look forward to making new friends here & hang out. Drop me a message. Cheers.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm Geoff, I'm lucky enough to hold an American passport and social security card even though I was born in the UK and have lived and worked in the UK all my life. This is down to my mother who was born in Michigan and moved to England years ago.
I am finally making firm plans to move to America to live and work, Atlanta, Georgia to be exact, and would like the chance to speak to anyone who will listen to my million questions and attempt to answer some of them. Particularly if there are any English people on here that live in Atlanta, but anyone who is willing to give me advice.

Thanks people !

Hi I'm Dee I'm relocating to New York with my husband in the next few months from Ireland! What areas are good to look for accommodation it's so hard to decide when you don't know all the areas! Any suggestions would greatly appreciate
Dee

gworrall1 wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm Geoff, I'm lucky enough to hold an American passport and social security card even though I was born in the UK and have lived and worked in the UK all my life. This is down to my mother who was born in Michigan and moved to England years ago.
I am finally making firm plans to move to America to live and work, Atlanta, Georgia to be exact, and would like the chance to speak to anyone who will listen to my million questions and attempt to answer some of them. Particularly if there are any English people on here that live in Atlanta, but anyone who is willing to give me advice.

Thanks people !

What exactly are you wanting to know. I may (stress on the may) be able to help. From the US, husband worked in Atlanta for 2 years & I was there a few weeks to visit. We also have family & friends there.

Hi Steve,
You are a strong man, you can ride bicycle from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city. I am very admire you. I live in Danang Vietnam :)

Hi
I am Tanvir Hossain from Bangladesh ,urrently  living in Bangladesh and studying here in a private university in bachelor of pharmacy 1st semester . But I am interested to moving in USA for better life at any time with job or study. Please help me. Please sponsor me anyone.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Roberta Diamond, and I am in the US.  I have an MA-ESL, practiced law for over 20 years, and teach Academic Preparatory English and English for Specific Purposes - Legal English and understanding Common Law as compared to Civil Code Law.  And yes, I got taken in by a company recruiting in Saudi Arabia. (Lost a year of teaching and money for the visa.  I know, I know... silly).  I had been working with Saudi students and lawyers at the University of Arizona.

I had a contract to teach in Saudi Arabia that was to start last August.  The name of the company was Human Capital Skills, and the director was named Mu-aath Gabier.  He used Gateway Staffing, owned and run by Gareth Galloway for initial interviewing and hiring. 

The whole thing seemed legit, I was working with a visa agent Atlantic Travel in Washington, DC, and Mu-aath claimed to have a school up and running in Abha, Kingdom of SA.  The application process and the visa requirements were stringent, which I had expected. The first set-back was due to visas and the agent told me they were working on processing them.  The second was that he had needed to apply for a different kind of visa than the one he applied for to bring me there as a teacher.  This went on for about 3 - 4 months and again, with me having constant contact with both Mu-aath Gabier and the visa agent.  The visa agent did a lot of visas to SA, especially for Hajj,  that she had spoken with the embassy and the visa would be ready at the end of the week. 

That was the last time I could get in touch with either Mu-aath or Gareth Galloway.  I think that Mu-aath may have started up another "education business" under another name.  Mu-aath supposedly still has Human Capital Skills listed on his linkedIn page, but I couldn't find any websites under the names he listed as his companies. 

This is just to give a heads-up to anyone applying for jobs in SA.  Thanks for reading this.  Regards, Roberta

Closed