New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic

Hatte mal 6 J. in CM gearbeitet, was grausam war. Die Mitarbeiter unmotiviert, faul, unehrlich, ungruendlich, und total unprofessionell. Das ganze Land ist wie ein gr. Kindergarten. Nur die ersten 2 Jahre waren OK, weil eben alles neu, exotisch u. faszinierend erschien. Intelligente Unterhaltungen mit Thais waren out of question. Da ich zuvor in Japan lebte, war der Unterschied noch krasser. Japaner wissen wenigstens wie man arbeitet.
Ich vermute mal, Sie arbeiten für eine dt. Firma od. Schule.
LG

GermanPeterPan wrote:

Hatte mal 6 J. in CM gearbeitet, was grausam war. Die Mitarbeiter unmotiviert, faul, unehrlich, ungruendlich, und total unprofessionell. Das ganze Land ist wie ein gr. Kindergarten. Nur die ersten 2 Jahre waren OK, weil eben alles neu, exotisch u. faszinierend erschien. Intelligente Unterhaltungen mit Thais waren out of question. Da ich zuvor in Japan lebte, war der Unterschied noch krasser. Japaner wissen wenigstens wie man arbeitet.
Ich vermute mal, Sie arbeiten für eine dt. Firma od. Schule.
LG

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that we all can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.

PeterPan, try using English, am sure most people cannot read your Post.

curious to know if there are Zimbabweans out in phuket will be visiting in august and would like to see and talk shop

No offense, but the receiver is a German. Sawa dee.

Hi my name is wayne I just got married to my thai wife and looking at moving to phuket
can eney one help with a job I have worked in the food industry for 20 years .I can drive a fork lift truck .but would like to work with people .eney help would be very nice thank you

My experience in Thailand was for the most part Ok.....However I came to Thailand in 2011 and met the love of my life....or so I thought....I took care of her and supported her as  worked around the globe. I bought her 10, of thousnads in gold ,gave her parents money ....the whole 9 yards.....just recently she left ...with all the gold....money .... As it turns out she had been working the bars when I was away ....and she generally just ripped me off.....ripped my heart out ....threw it on the ground and jumped all over it....now things have gotten really strange....Police pop up out of no where....people are treating me poorly and I have had a few more strange things happen to me....all designed to lighten my pockets and cause problems for me. I know this has happened to others but if you heard the complete story of what has occurred you would be in total dis-belief....it is bizzarre

oh man, it's too bad
i am also in thailand, i can't do much but if you need any assistance please feel free to ask
i seen many people got this problem here

I do need assistance.....

how may i assist you on it
i will try what i can do for you
or you can write me on my email **********

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi everybody,

We are drifting more and more off topic here :(

Can we please try to focus on the initial title of this thread and try not to go off topic again?
Do note that this thread has been created for the introduction of the new members only. For any other query, i invite you to create a new thread.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

mY apoligize....just remove it if you like

Hi there,
Born in France back in 1951,I left in 1971 to see the world and finally settled in Australia in 1979,where I am now a citizen.I am close to retirement age and involved in a relationship with a Thai woman and I am seriously thinking of retiring there.Any pointer and advice would be most welcome.
Regards!
Pat

it's best place and cheap for retirement and live here
note- as long u have money in hand it's good here

Hey all! I'm moving to Bangkok next month for a 9-12month period. I am enrolled in the Le Cordon Bleu Dusit in Silom. Studying a diploma of professional Thai cuisine. Can't wait to start and looking forward to hearing from you all. I have some questions so I'll find the right page to ask them, this is just me saying hello!

hello All,
I am currently in Wellington ,New Zealand considering moving to Thailand
does anyone have any advice tips????

id like to find a job over there and spend my days training in muay thai

patsisilia wrote:

Hi there,
Born in France back in 1951,I left in 1971 to see the world and finally settled in Australia in 1979,where I am now a citizen.I am close to retirement age and involved in a relationship with a Thai woman and I am seriously thinking of retiring there.Any pointer and advice would be most welcome.
Regards!
Pat

Welcome....... :) 

The first step would be to read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.

Hello Everyone,

My name's David originally from Boston.

I've been living here in Bangkok for about six years and just joined the forum as I'm in looking for temporary local IT support.

David, so how do you like Thailand?  Im coming up on 2 years in October. We are retired from the US. For us it is mostly stress free except when you have to drive somewhere.

thailand4me wrote:

David, so how do you like Thailand?  Im coming up on 2 years in October. We are retired from the US. For us it is mostly stress free except when you have to drive somewhere.

Hi There :-)

I like it fine here... and have lots to be thankful for!
The food's great!
Relatively inexpensive (but creeping up there)
I live in Chatujak, so I'm away from the city, which is nice
My partner is extra special, and she keeps me happy
Yes, the traffic sucks bigtime, some of the most terrible inconsiderate drivers I've ever encountered... but hey อะไรก็ได้

I'm also semi-somewhat retired, but keep myself busy tinkering around. I could go back to work if it suited me as I do get a bit bored (I'm 54 years old). Before here I spent 10 years in Australia and 5 years in New Zealand before that

It's got it's ups and downs like anywhere, but I'll most likely die here

Hello everyone , I am from nepal but I  recently finished my bachelor's degree in international business management from rajamanagala university of technology.Its been nearly 5 years now.I want to work in chiangmai . I was  marketing intern at documentary arts asia for 5 months. I am looking for any job which provides me work permit and visa .im not a native speaker but my english level is in advance level .I got toeic score of 820.

Thank you

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

Hello ,
My name is Angela and i am from Greece. I leave in crete island and i am a travel blogger. I have my own travel blog plus i already started to write articles in some other web pages. I am also member in a vip travel club and i am planing to visit Thailand soon to expand my business there.
Happy to be a new member in Thailand Forum i hope i will find many new friends here. Anyone who is interesting in traveling, reading books, movies, network marketing and love to live amazing experience can contact me.
Thank you  :top:

Hello Everyone who has chosen to live a wonderful, happy life,

I am currently living in Canada and working in the dental field.  I planing to move to Thailand ( have not picked a city yet ) and start a new life.  I went to Bangkok last year and fell in love with the city.
I am a very well preserved middle aged person and wants to be able to enjoy life sooner and longer.  I would like to look for a city which will offer me opportunities where I can still pursue my interests.  I will be working from home and that will be more simple than finding a job.  And I am interested in learning painting, ballroom dancing, going to music venues, taking different classes in floral arranging, cooking and photography etc.

I appreciate to make new friends, who share the same interests, advise and info. about my new home.  Thanks!!!! How does it get better than this???

Rdhtrader, I don't know how long your visit was in Bangkok, on your last trip. But you seem Nieve to what Thailand is all about. First of all this is no safety net here, meaning you have to take care of yourself 100% of the time. Life means nothing here, you can get killed crossing the street, or driving a car.  There are no laws here, and if you get in some kind of trouble you can just biy your way out. For example if you hit someone while driving, you just pay a fine, even if you kill them, could be as little as 100.00 dollars. That is what life is worth here. I retired here 2 years ago with my wife who is Thai, but lived in the US for 40 years, we decided to live here because all of her family was here, and we thought that we could use Thailand as a Hub for traveling, we haven't done a lot of that yet because we brought a dog with us from the US and found out right away that Thailand is not a dog friendly country, no places to walk him, he is not allowed in parks, and not allowed in most condo's. So it has taken us this long to find PetSitters for him that we can trust. We are returning to the US for a visit for 2 months, and now I want to spend more time there in the future to be able to have balance in my life.  When I moved to Thailand I had culture shock, because I had been use to living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and where I live in Thailand at the time did not have any Foreigners so I stood out like the first black in America, but now there are quit a few of us living in Nonthburi, it's about 10 miles from downtown Bangkok. There are not a lot of Americans here, but there are a lot of people from the UK & Austraila, and a course lots of Russians, Germanys, Middle Eastern living in tourist area's like Pattaya, and we all hope they stay there. I think you would be suited to live in Chaing Mai, there is a nice community of foreigners living & owning businesses up there, it is low key, a lot of artists, a University where you could take Art classes, some Great Hospitals, it is safe to walk in town & to drive, as is compared to the rest of the country. I would try to come here for a longer period of time, to see if it works for you. Good Luck.  Patrick

Good Luck, it for sure won't be the same paradise.  Thailand is not like Hawaii.

Rdhtrader, we have some good friends from Canada, that maybe you should talk to, they have been in Asia for many years. Let me know if you are interested, they are in Canada now taking care of some business.  Patrick

@Rdhtrader
If you want to enjoy cooler climate and less pollution, Ayutthaya is the best place, apart from the north (ChiangMai, ChiangRai).

I am now living in Nakhon Sawan, three hours north of BKK, probably the most expatless small town in Thailand. Although I saw one running in the park this morning and another one with Thai wife @ Big C. Downtown hot and polluted, banks of the rivers (Chaopraya, Ping, Nan) very nice and cooler.
HTH

Hi all!
My husband and I are considering purchasing a condo in Koh Samui. I myself have spent 12 weeks in Thailand and my husband 6. At first we would be renting the condo out, but with the intention of moving there eventually. If anyone has been through this and has any advice please send me a message!
Thank you and hello!
Danielle

Yes, please.  Where are they now in Canada?  Love to talk to them.  Thank you.

Well,

I am Asian, so I can blend in quite easily.  Probably would help more if I learn a bit of Thai before the move.

Give me your E-Mail & I will forward them the information.  Patrick

Hey my name is Nong am Thai who grew up in the U,S, been back in Thailand for over 10 yrs. now.

Hello everyone,

A simple but useful reminder so as this thread remains neat :

Priscilla wrote:

Hi everybody,

We are drifting more and more off topic here :(

Can we please try to focus on the initial title of this thread and try not to go off topic again?
Do note that this thread has been created for the introduction of the new members only. For any other query, i invite you to create a new thread.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Best of luck
Bhavna

Hi, I m Nat.
I m Thai who want to improve my english and make new friends.

Nice to meet u guys 😃

best way

add some foreign friends on facebook and chat with them
if hard to understand something do like my students doing   "google translate " and improving there english

Hi!my name is geeta  and I am from Myanmar  I stay in thailand and I can speak english and I can speak Thai  also if anyone have jobs please call my number ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not share your personal contact number on the forum.

Ms.Nat,

Actually i am new in this site. My name is Firoz Bhuyian, I am from Bangladesh. I was living in defferent different coutnry. But now I am Planning to move to Thailand city Bangkok. I would be glad to be acquinted with you and your Thailand.

If you let me know, How is life over there ? how is the opportunities.? I would be glad to know more about you. Thanking you,

Firoz Bhuyian.

Hello everyone  :)

Wish all new members of the Thailand forum a warm welcome  ;)

Please note that some posts have been removed from this discussion thread as they were off-topic  :offtopic:

I remind you that this thread is only for the introduction of new members and a brief presentation of their projects.

If you want to link up with other members of this forum, please feel free to start a new thread on the Thailand forum.

Thank you in advance  ;)
Bhavna

My wife and I live in Australia. I am retired, my wife have 2 years to retirement. Due to high cost of living in Australia, we are considering an option of retiring somewhere out of Australia. We both love Thailand and Thailand is one of the top choices for our retirement, and Chiang Mai is the city of choice.
While we have traveled quite a bit in Thailand, we have not visited Chiang Mai as yet. We are planning to do this before the end of the year. In the meanwhile, before our retirement, we like to find information, legal requirements and practical everyday living advice or guide of living in Chiang May, such as visa requirements, health care / insurance, renting and accommodation, and any other advice that would make our living in Chiang Mai pleasant and trouble-free.

Closed