Infos about cost of living and security in Lagos

Hello, Can any one please let me know about the life security in Lagos, Nigeria. I am an Indian currently living in Bahrain & have a job offer in Lagos with salary 1000$ & accommodation plus 500 $ as local expense. All i want to know how safe is it to be there with family. How is the life there and is it worth coming there with this salary amount. Also what is the procedure to get Driver's license there, currently i am having Bahrain driving license.

looking for a genuine opinion to take further decision.

Hello Solanky,

As you were  :offtopic:  on the previous thread, I have moved your post from it and created a new discussion on the Lagos forum in order to allow you to have better interactions.

Thank you,
Marjorie :cheers:

Solanky wrote:

Hello, Can any one please let me know about the life security in Lagos, Nigeria. I am an Indian currently living in Bahrain & have a job offer in Lagos with salary 1000$ & accommodation plus 500 $ as local expense. All i want to know how safe is it to be there with family. How is the life there and is it worth coming there with this salary amount. Also what is the procedure to get Driver's license there, currently i am having Bahrain driving license.

looking for a genuine opinion to take further decision.

Hello OP,

Lagos is pretty secure and you will find loads of Indians around the Illupeju, Magodo axis- a small community.
Loads of expats move here for work and the general consensus is that Lagos is safe.
1000USD is decent seeing as you mentioned you get free accommodation from the company and 500usd expenses which is decent. What will be great also is a negotiation for transportation so you know the 500 is for food and misc.

Getting a driving license is pretty easy here too. Once you get your work permit, you can take driving lessons from any reputable school and then file for a license.

I say this because I have witnessed an expat get turned down for trying to use his Czech driving skills here.
So I advice you enroll for 5days driving course (plus driving in Nigeria is crazy :d)