Job offered.

Hi
I am offered job in alhassan company oman and i have a total of 1 yr experience as electrical engineer. What should be the pay for engineering post and how is musqat for living? They said there are clearance issues now so visas are delayed.
Thanks

Hi asadraja91,

Al Hassan is a medium sized company. I have no further information on them.

For any fresher, Oman is not the place to grow professionally. You will gain little knowledge and your experience and exposure too would be very limited.

Muscat is a great place to be. Yes, there are many who are facing serious clearance issues. The government is actively discouraging employing new expatriates, as much as they possibly can.

If you read the numerous posts in the forum you can gather all the information that you would need.

Thankyou simran for reply.

can you please elaborate why are omanis discouraging expats to come here?
And what should be the expected salary of a fresh electrical graduate here?
And whats the economic situation herr in oman?
Thanks

Hi asadraja91,

Find my brief comments against your queries :

asadraja91 wrote:

can you please elaborate why are omanis discouraging expats to come here? -

For obvious reasons of course. The locals need the jobs. Now most key jobs are held by the expatriates. Problem is the locals are not ready yet to take on the corporate responsibilities, on account of poor education and poorer job training. The government is addressing these as well as most other related issues.

And what should be the expected salary of a fresh electrical graduate here? -

Around 500 Rials, I would reckon.

And whats the economic situation herr in oman? -

Despite the falling oil prices, Oman's economy is still good. In better days, it was excellent. But still can't complain. The reason this country is so full of expatriates is also because of the excellent opportunity to earn and more importantly save some good money !

Thanks

Thankyou sir for your valuable comments and feedback. 500 is more than enough for me. I Hope i get that.

:)