Opportunity for doctors

what are the different opportunities if a doctor wishing to spend expat life in Cambodia .Hs any body here has some info?.
what are the opportunities  for job in govt hospitals and privaye setups and opening own clinic requirements.etc
One more basic question, what is the average monthly income/salary of a doctor in cambodia?

i would be very much thankful if some one can guide me.

regards
wmk

Take a look at this:

http://www.cra.com.kh/job-list/category … Medical-28

your reply was helping but i was thinking if some one could inform that what are the scope for a doctor expat?? .

Hi
While I can't provide you with numbers and opportunities, I've been reading a few articles recently with some general information that might be useful for you:
Cambodia has quite a low ratio of medical doctors per capita, and not a good medical infrastructure in general. I'm sure your services would be extremely appreciated. Outside of Phnom Penh, there seems to be a big problem with unlicensed "doctors" practising all over the countryside, due to the lack of formally trained doctors. Just recently, one of these doctors infected a large number of people with HIV, unknowingly, by reusing syringes, which brought this problem to light. So if you're a licensed medical doctor, I'm pretty sure there's work to be found in Cambodia, although I have no idea about the working conditions nor the salary you can expect to get. Have you heard about the the Kantha Bopha hospitals of Dr. Beat Richner? Google it, it's a Swiss doctor with a few children's hospitals, it's a very well known charity and has existed for quite a while now, maybe they're looking for doctors...

Cheers

Salaries vary widely depending on qualifications and experience. The trend these days is to ask an applicant what they are currently earning and what is their expected salary. Some organisations have fixed salary scales based on the grading they give to the job - usually only these types of employer will tell you the salary level in an advert.

Kurterino wrote:

Hi
While I can't provide you with numbers and opportunities, I've been reading a few articles recently with some general information that might be useful for you:
Cambodia has quite a low ratio of medical doctors per capita, and not a good medical infrastructure in general. I'm sure your services would be extremely appreciated. Outside of Phnom Penh, there seems to be a big problem with unlicensed "doctors" practising all over the countryside, due to the lack of formally trained doctors. Just recently, one of these doctors infected a large number of people with HIV, unknowingly, by reusing syringes, which brought this problem to light. So if you're a licensed medical doctor, I'm pretty sure there's work to be found in Cambodia, although I have no idea about the working conditions nor the salary you can expect to get. Have you heard about the the Kantha Bopha hospitals of Dr. Beat Richner? Google it, it's a Swiss doctor with a few children's hospitals, it's a very well known charity and has existed for quite a while now, maybe they're looking for doctors...

Cheers

you reply explain a wide picture.i appreciate and thank you.

Gravitas wrote:

Salaries vary widely depending on qualifications and experience. The trend these days is to ask an applicant what they are currently earning and what is their expected salary. Some organisations have fixed salary scales based on the grading they give to the job - usually only these types of employer will tell you the salary level in an advert.

i understand it.thanx so much