PET IMPORT PERMIT

:/

I started this query under ‘Another Visa Question' but maybe it would be more appropriate to start another thread…

We will be bringing our teacup poodle to Sri Lanka in the cabin with us next month and urgently need to obtain an import permit for her.

The only application form I can find is “Department for Animal Production & Health/ Application for Permit to Import” …

http://www.daph.gov.lk/web/index.php?op … mp;lang=en

This seems to be for livestock and asks for names, addresses, fax numbers of importer/consignee – but as we will be bringing her in ourselves these do not apply. I've tried filling in the form without importer/ consignee details but it is rejected.

Can anyone PLEASE tell us where we can find the correct pet import application form?

Any help and assistance on this will be greatly appreciated.

PS Her passport and health documents are all in order.

You are the exporter (home address) and the importer (hotel address) I reckon.
"State whether Bovine, Porcine, Caprine, Canine, Feline or any other species"

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried that but they rejected it as I don't have fax numbers for either party (our nearest fax is in the museum!).

I also sent an email to Pet Express at the airport – they replied within 1 hour and seem very professional and efficient. Not cheap but what price peace of mind?

BTW apparently the form I was using is out of date. Previously it asked for importer and consignee (?) it has now been changed to importer and consignor which makes more sense.

Great, glad you got to the bottom of it!

I recently brought two dogs from the UK but had to use exporters that end and importers this end as the UK government won't allow pets as excess baggage.  It cost and arm and a leg.  The permits were handled by importers this end.  Have a word [email protected] or [email protected]

Our Mitzi weighs in at only 3kg including box and Turkish Airways have no problem with her in cabin but gram for gram she's fast becoming the most expensive dog on the planet  :(

And yes, we are in contact with Shanaka who has been great but we still have to pay $200 for an Exporters Permit and another $200 for an Import Permit. They'll be meeting us on arrival with the permits to save the cost and probable futility of DHL express – addresses in Ukraine can e somewhat confusing.

All hopefully sorted now, thanks.

You are lucky.  My costs to Petexpress came to about $1800 for the two dogs.  Most of that on so called customs import charges.  Despite several emails to customs to ask if the costs were right, no reply.  I could find nothing on the internet to support their charges

Hi,

If you have not found the information for importing a pet to Sri Lanka , may I recommend few companies that are reputable and trust worthy …they have international operations in your country of origin, hence paperwork will not be an issue. Please check the following link for few companies I deal with http://www.allforpets.lk/services-directory?tid_2=87

Once you are settled in Sri Lanka, don't forget to visit http://www.allforpets.lk
For awesome services and information for pet parents in Sri Lanka