Health care

Hello all, I'm recently retired and relocating to PR in a few months I have current healthcare with Cigna thru the company I worked for . I stayed with them because they seem to be less expensive than Obamacare and offered decent services minus the Dental . My concern is after I move if I ever needed to return to U.S. for any serious medical issues I do not want to drop them after hearing about the sub-standard issues in PR. So does anyone know what providers will accept coverage in both PR and the U.S.? I tried calling Cigna but talked to very incompetent person with conflicting information. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated thank you... Johnny

Hello, and welcome!  We have Blue Cross Blue Shield which I understand is there in PR but I don't know if our policy is accepted there yet.  Hopefully, someone will come along and have some answers for you.

Thank you , blue cross blue shield you have to be a certain age  to qualify for ? I don't know ? But thanks for the warm welcome !!!!

Not sure what your concern or question is:  who is going to deny you coverage?? Medicare????  this is the US for better or worse.   If you sign up for a local plan through MCS or Triple S you will be covered for medicare no matter where you go and here you will get about 99% services including dental and eye care.  when you go to the mainland, you can switch to Medicare and AARP or another plan.... I use MCS and have no issues; my issues were with Medicare since if you are a PR resident you don't automaticall get part B Medicare, you must GO to the office and APPLY for it.   this is stupid medicare and the stupid inequality of the laws.... nothing to do with health care.... Frankly, i think the medical care is pretty good here in the metro area.

Hello thanks for your response! I am just 55yts old so I don't think I qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. My concern is if I drop coverage in the U.S. And get Triple S or other health insurance in PR and then at some point I would want to return to US for surgery or any procedure that I would no longer be able to . My current company retiree health plan is good and very reasonably priced but they have told me if I were to drop them and not have another recognized plan they would not allow me to re-enter their plan again. So thru Cigna I'm trying to find out if they will cover me in both PR and the U.S.