From Malta to Portugal

I want to move to Portugal but don't know where to start with.
My situation is that I have kids in school in Malta and they are kinda set in there because of English language.
I don't know if in the Portuguese Public school they do have English as here in Malta or not.
People around me say that in Portugal an English speaker can get along with English unlike in Spain or Italy.

If my problem of my kids setting down in Public schools in Portugal is sorted out than I plan to move to Portugal immediately.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Hi. I have family in Portugal and although u can get along as an adult in day to day life i believe schools are not as english focused as they are in malta. I dont have any facts on this as ive never looked at putting my kids in portugese schools. Malta is very english language orientated unlike Portugal. Id research carefully but it wont b anything as easy as it in malta.. good luck

Okay

it might be a good idea to ask this question in the Portugal forum....

As Toon says, this probably isn't the best forum to ask for help, try the Portugal one.

Most popular places have international schools, where English would be the main language, but they probably wouldn't be free. That might make it easier for your kids, maybe for the first year, it depends what age they are. Also remember, kids are like sponges, they will pick up the language in absolutely no time at all, a hell of a lot quicker than adults could. And Portuguese is probably one of the easier languages to learn, certainly much easier than Maltese!!

Hello whyinmalta,

Kindly note that I have moved your discussion in the Portugal forum for better visibility and interaction.

Best of luck in your project..:)

Regards
Yuveshen