Looking for some expats to chat

Hi, my name is Tom and my wife is Anne. 4 years ago we bought a house in Negombo and made a decision to retire to Sri Lanka. 1 year later Anne was diagnosed with Alzheimers and has steadily declined so really I just need to get to know some expats to chat with as Anne has little conversation

Dear Tom

Like you and Anne I also retired to Negombo. I actually live in a little village just outside Negombo, called Dalupotha, which is the other side of the Colombo Road from Etukale.

I came here first in 2000, invited by a Sri Lakan friend whom I met in a sandstorm in the desert in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. On my first visit I fell in love with Sri Lanka and bought a little village house which was just being finished by a local builder. It was very inexpensive, and I thought that I would use it as a holiday home. I came here twice year on holiday, and with each visit I added to and improved the house, with the aim of eventually retiring here.

I retired two years ago and came to live here in my retirement. I very much enjoy living in Negombo, and I'm lucky to have some nice Sri Lankan friends.  I don't know many expats, so I would be delighted  to chat with you.  I can imagine that if Anne's condition is reducing her conversation you may be feeling a bit isolated sometimes, and in need of a simple chat with someone. I understand from all that I've heard that caring for Alzheimers patients can be stressful.

My numbers are *** and ***. You are welcome to call up for a chat at any time, and if you and Anne would like to pop round for a drink you would be very welcome. My email is

Last week I discovered an art class which takes place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the Dolce Vita, run by a very nice Dutch woman called Dies Kannegieter. Her phone number is 0613829704  Her email is [email protected]   She has a website www.dieskannegieter.nl

I shall be going along to the art class for the first time on Tuesday. You and Anne might come together if it would be something that Anne could cope with.

It's been many many years since I did any drawing, so it will be interesting to see whether I can pick it up again.

Kind regards

Christopher

Hi Christopher,  I don't actually know where your village is and it would be difficult for Anne to get to. Sometimes it takes me an hour to coax her out of a vehicle. We live in Pitipana next to the sea so if you ever wanted to visit just give me a shout. Plenty of rooms to crash in

I'd love to visit. Where is Pitipana?  I haven't heard of it. Is it near Negombo?

Hi, if you drive south through Etukala then get to the harbour bridge. Go over that bridge and continue on to the fish market. Past the fish market is a small bridge. Cross the bridge and take the first right signed Weedapitipana. The sign is pretty well worn. Go up that road, past a large church on your right to a t junction. Turn left and continue for about 1k.our road is on the right but if u see the airtel shop on your right you have gone about 50 meters too far. Hope to see you soon

Thanks. I just Googled Pitipana and I can see that you are on the lagoon. What's your telephone number. I'll call before I come. I can imagine that there must be times when a visitor would not be convenient.

Hi,
My phone no. is 0772958047. Afternoons are best
Regards
Tom

Thanks. I'll call before I come

Hi Tom,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Sri Lanka forum in order to help you to discuss more easily with other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: