Difference in processing times for Fiancee Visa.

Hei everyone!

I am planning to submit my application for the Fiancee Visa this month.

Some people here have received their decisions within 3 weeks and others 10-11months.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this difference? or could it just be pure luck?

Do the people who have received their decisions within 3 weeks have something in common?

I think I might loose my mind if I have to be in Limbo for 10months..lol Its ridiculous really!

abimk wrote:

Hei everyone!

I am planning to submit my application for the Fiancee Visa this month.

Some people here have received their decisions within 3 weeks and others 10-11months.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this difference? or could it just be pure luck?

Do the people who have received their decisions within 3 weeks have something in common?

I think I might loose my mind if I have to be in Limbo for 10months..lol Its ridiculous really!

I also have same question.. :)

All those questions are really up to UDI, if it's somewhat complicated case or they have doubt on the application then it may take some time since they are gonna do more investigations regarding the application and might also need more documentations or even interview from the applicant and/or the reference person. It does take time also because our applications are on qeue so i guess it's mixed also with good luck that other people got their decisions fast especially those ones who met the requirements. I also read that when there is a strong valid reason to prioritize the case they will do so to hasten the process and give the result as soon as possible.

hi abimk and ab4cd.

this maybe a bit late of a response but i am hoping this can help others who are wondering the same thing..

the main difference as to why some get approved in under a month is because the embassy or politi they had submitted their applications to have the power to make decisions on family immigration cases.. if your case had been forwarded to UDI, which happens to applications from most countries,  then it will follow the standard waiting time described in the guide to case processing times... which can be longer if ur case is more likely to be summoned for an interview...  as far as i know based on playing around the UDI website and if u check the links i provided,  age and country of origin are some factors that can require for an interview..

The Norwegian embassy in the Philippines have the power to make decisions in family immigration cases. i had actually started a thread about it here: Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines.. thats why some applicants from the Philippines get faster waiting time..

hope this helps :)