Expat wife can work ?

Already have my KITAS, is there any chance for an expat wife to work ?

mmaha wrote:

Already have my KITAS, is there any chance for an expat wife to work ?

i

No.....no chance as long you don't have a work permit from one of the local/foreign companies.

Do not think to work and earn some money on a spouse sponsored KITAS.

Yes if she has a sponsored employment which offers a kitas. Like Tom said. Not a chance otherwise.

To work legally, you must have a KITAS and work permit.

The work must be a special skill not easily available in Indonesia.
If an Indonesian can do it, it's pretty much impossible to get a work permit.

I was thinking of a language teacher in any of those language centres. But looks like I should forget about it. 😭

You can work as a Language teacher in many of those foreign language teaching centers. If you are proficient in English or French etc, you will find many opportunities in Jakarta..

safiullah123 wrote:

You can work as a Language teacher in many of those foreign language teaching centers. If you are proficient in English or French etc, you will find many opportunities in Jakarta..

That's not the point.....!!!

Getting a work permit is the issue

mmaha wrote:

I was thinking of a language teacher in any of those language centres. But looks like I should forget about it. 😭

Not at all.
If you are suitably qualified, you'll probably be able to get a legal job.
There is a down side - the language centres commonly pay a lot less than a formal school, and the hours are normally anti social.
If you are qualified, look for schools that want a native speaker.
Depends on your qualifications, experience and other factors, but 10 to 20 million/month can be had with ease, more for someone with the right history.

Edit - I'll leave the above for other potential readers, but I've noticed you're not a native speaker of English from one of a short list of countries that Indonesia accepts as such.
That means you have absolutely no chance of legal work as an English teacher.

safiullah123 wrote:

I can't comment on French as I have yet to find out about that, but the poster can't get a legal job as an English language teacher,
As a Pakistani, neither can you.

Many international schools recruit western teachers, Philippine teachers, Chinese teachers etc depending on their skills and qualifications then these teachers are often expected to teach other subjects based on their ability. The right qualifications will get you quite far here the rest is sheer luck and a good wind. With the tightening of visa rules and regulations for those working I feel its pot luck if you can get a kitas or not.

Start your own business.  Bit of a pain in the ass but in the long run will give you the best stability if you are planning on staying.

G2G2 wrote:

Start your own business.  Bit of a pain in the ass but in the long run will give you the best stability if you are planning on staying.

As a foreigner how ?

It means the OP need to set up a company a local PT.

And a minimum US$ 300K to invest in that business.  Small CV companies can no longer sponsor a foreigner's KITAS or work permit.