Saudi Iqama Holder with Bank account in UAE

Has any iqama holder opened up any bank account in UAE/Dubai? if yes kindly can he/she guide a lil bit about the eligibility (if any) to open up an account there.. and what are the option we have in banks providing such service for Non Uae Residents having any of GCC residence permits.

International banks , do offer services to expats living across other GCC states and wanna apply for a bank account !

Banks in Bahrain have this option and am sure financial institutions would welcome you if you wanna do business with them ;)

gunner757 wrote:

International banks , do offer services to expats living across other GCC states and wanna apply for a bank account !

Banks in Bahrain have this option and am sure financial institutions would welcome you if you wanna do business with them ;)

Hmm but im particularly interested in first hand real time experience of any one in Dubai doing this.

Lived in Dubai 5 years and now in Bahrain.

Any non-resident can open an account in UAE (and certain banks offer this facility) BUT you will only be given a savings account. This means that you will get a debit card and internet banking but you will not get a cheque book.  You will also not get a credit card.  There is no distinction for expats with other GCC residence permits.  They only make a distinction in some cases e.g. home loans and that too by a few banks like Mashreq.

When I moved to Bahrain, my accounts continued to function till the residency expiry date was reached.  I was asked to provide the updated visa copy which I didn't have as I got it cancelled when I moved to Bahrain.  These accounts were converted to savings accounts as mentioned above.

XTang wrote:

Lived in Dubai 5 years and now in Bahrain.

Any non-resident can open an account in UAE (and certain banks offer this facility) BUT you will only be given a savings account. This means that you will get a debit card and internet banking but you will not get a cheque book.  You will also not get a credit card.  There is no distinction for expats with other GCC residence permits.  They only make a distinction in some cases e.g. home loans and that too by a few banks like Mashreq.

When I moved to Bahrain, my accounts continued to function till the residency expiry date was reached.  I was asked to provide the updated visa copy which I didn't have as I got it cancelled when I moved to Bahrain.  These accounts were converted to savings accounts as mentioned above.

great ! thanks for the info. any bank you recommend ? im planning to open in ADIB. Hopefully il have a good experience.

From savings account standpoint, one bank is as good as another.  Just see which bank has a good internet banking product as well as easy access to branches. ADIB are ok.