Female workers bringing family

I found out yesterday that, as a female, I am not allowed to get residency for my husband and children. I have been offered an awesome job, and really hoped my husband would be taking the lead with the kids while I acclimate to the new job. Any suggestions short of him accepting any position, so the entire families residency isn't an issue for us?

I have been told he and the kids can leave and return every three months with the visitor visa, but can the kids attend private school without the residency?

Legacy (and Enigmausly).............I'm expecting YOU to have a solution to this!

Sorry dear... this one's a little outside my realm ... not even sure what direction to point you on the family matters.  I'll ask around when back at work, see what my 'people' have to say... lol ...but no promises on this one  :) 

Hope your weekend is going well!

Unless you're a diplomat the only way for him to obtain residency is to get a job unless and I would suggest getting it before he arrives.

Your kids shouldn't have an issue attending school without residency, I have a friend whose daughter goes to school here and doesn't have residency, but it is a pain in the ass.

So, worse comes to worse................they can go and come back every three months? That sounds like a good excuse for a weekend excursion every few months. We will still go the route of him gaining employment beforehand. Thank you.

Enigmausly, surely you know of many employment opportunities for American citizens, also fluent in Arabic  :)  My husband was a small business owner in the States. His degree is in education, but he has never worked as a teacher  :|

SherriO wrote:

His degree is in education, but he has never worked as a teacher  :|

For better or worse, the schools here have absolutely no issues with this and will gladly give him a job as a teacher. With an US passport, all you need to do is - ask.

I would have responded sooner, Ribosom, but hubby and I are still laughing hysterically! Wondering if we are jumping out of the pot into the frying pan, moving from Jordan to Kuwait?!  :joking:

:) Can't comment as I have zero experience with Jordan.

It's a very diverse group here... and as I read through this posting the first thing that stands out to me is that your "relevant" responses came from everyone 'other' than who you ask for responses from... that says a lot in favor of the forum!   :top:

I did ask my 'people' ...they did little other than confirm what you had already been informed of (with no back doors... lol)  ...female expats can't sponsor a dependent into country. 

I do hope your able to find your way into the frying pan... and I do wish you the best with your new adventure!  :D  lol

I think he is definitely going to pursue a teaching position at one of the schools we have short-listed, if the school is willing to hire a teacher without experience. If it works out, childcare issues are alleviated and we will get a discount (another concern we had about moving) :)

He shouldn't have an issue at all! If I got a buck for every time someone offered me a job as a teacher in Kuwait.. I'd already be filthy rich :D