Extended visa for the Philippines

Want to move to the Philippines in June  29 th 2015 ,I need to know where I go or send to get a visa . here  in Atlanta they said just fly into the Manila air port and when I get there just ask for one ? Please can somè help me with this info thank you . Want to be with my wife that lives there in angeles city . Or at least get a extended visa so I can visit my wife and find a way to stay thank you very much if you can help me .

as they said  just go and you will get a 30 day visa waiver on entry  as long as you have a return or onward ticket  ,other option is get a 59day visa in advance    at philippine embassy

GREENTRAVEL told you correctly. i got 59 day at ph embassy in los angeles. applied and picked up next day.

mrmrh8381 wrote:

GREENTRAVEL told you correctly. i got 59 day at ph embassy in los angeles. applied and picked up next day.

Out of interest what did that cost you ? and how long was the waiting time while there?

The cost here for the extension, from the free 30 day entry to 59 days, is 3,030 pesos (or about US$70 at current FX rates), and normally done within an hour or two, at any Bureau of Immigration office.

Normally people get two month extensions after the first one to the 59 day mark.

But the best way to stay longer term, is to apply for the 6 month extension AFTER getting the 59 day one.

it cost me $90 USD

yes 2 months visa extetion fee us 90.US$ in ph

Silverhihosilver9122 wrote:

Want to be with my wife that lives there in angeles city . Or at least get a extended visa so I can visit my wife and find a way to stay thank you very much if you can help me .

Marquee Mall, near Angeles City, is easy to do normal visa extensions, but they do not do the 6 month one.  They also do not worry if we wear shorts when going there ;)

mrmrh8381 wrote:

it cost me $90 USD

It seems like it is cheaper in the Philippines then.

iftikhar_peeto wrote:

I've been paying 2,830 peso for my 2 month visas (about US$65) for the last few times before I last left the Philippines.

I recently paid 8,250 peso for a 6 month visa (about US$190) after I came back again.

ABCDiamond wrote:
Silverhihosilver9122 wrote:

Want to be with my wife that lives there in angeles city . Or at least get a extended visa so I can visit my wife and find a way to stay thank you very much if you can help me .

Marquee Mall, near Angeles City, is easy to do normal visa extensions, but they do not do the 6 month one.  They also do not worry if we wear shorts when going there ;)

mrmrh8381 wrote:

it cost me $90 USD

It seems like it is cheaper in the Philippines then.

iftikhar_peeto wrote:

I've been paying 2,830 peso for my 2 month visas (about US$65) for the last few times before I last left the Philippines.

I recently paid 8,250 peso for a 6 month visa (about US$190) after I came back again.

when this 6 month ext was first brought out -i read it was going to cost around 11000 peso but that may include getting the acr card   -would be good to see actual printout of the fees for 6 months.

greenetravel wrote:

when this 6 month ext was first brought out -i read it was going to cost around 11000 peso but that may include getting the acr card   -would be good to see actual printout of the fees for 6 months.

The official price, WITH ACR card is now 11,500
http://www.in-philippines.com/wp-content/uploads/Visa-Cost-6-months-517x640.jpg

That price does include 2,600 for the ACR card if needed. That brings it down to 8,900 without the card.

However, being the Philippines, not everything always is at it says.  I paid 8,250 without the ACR card, as I already had one. So that is still a difference of 650.

Comparison of stated prices -v- actual prices April 2015

http://www.in-philippines.com/wp-content/uploads/6-month-visa-costs-April-2015.jpg

The figures in the right side column are taken from my receipt.

You will notice a few differences other than the ACR card not charged, and the two extra items that were charged.
The "ACR Re-issuance" cost I have no idea what that is, although it does explain why my cost was cheaper than expected.

What happen if I live here for over 1 year and go home and then I will come back to Phi on next week then. I paid already for all visa issue before.

Kenzejohn wrote:

What happen if I live here for over 1 year and go home and then I will come back to Phi on next week then. I paid already for all visa issue before.

That is a question that I have been wondering about myself, since I got my 6 month visa.

My guess is that I will be allowed in on the Visa that I already have (assuming it is still current), in the same way that anyone who gets a visa overseas is allowed in on that visa.

Any other country and I probably wouldn't have any reservations about it, but this is the Philippines....

There is no mention of the Visa being only a single entry visa, so I will assume multiple entry,  The ACR card is still valid even after leaving and coming back.

Actually I just located some info on a Philippines Embassy website where they refer to the 6 month one being multiple entry:

Types of Temporary Visitor Visas

Single-entry, three months validity - This type of visa may be used once within three months from the date of issue to enter the Philippines for the purpose of tourism/business.
Multiple-entry, six months validity - This type of visa may be used multiple times within six months from the date of issue to enter the Philippines for the purpose of tourism/business.
Please note that all temporary visitor visas allow an initial authorized stay of up to 59 days only. Even if you hold a six-month valid visa, your initial authorized stay will still be 59 days, unless extended locally by a Philippine Immigration office.

Thanks for all the good info , it helps a lot and see you in the Philippines again thanks

You say you are going to be staying with your wife? 1) If you are actually legally married with the marriage certificate to hand, have your wife join you at a nearby country (Singapore, Hongkong, Thailand etc), then when you both fly together and  arrive at immigration in the Airport, you can then apply for a Balikbayan visa. This lasts for 1 Year and is free. You have to be legally married though with the proper document AND have a 1-way ticket paid out of the Philippines again (to the nearest, cheapest destination) They may ask for this before they will allow you check-in to your flight to the Philippines.. 2.) Otherwise, you can arrive unaccompanied in the usual way and get a (approx 1 month Tourist Visa automatically at airport Immigration...if you are lucky and get the right airport immigration officer, you can actually ask for a 29 day extension to your visa by paying some pesos. Not all officers are happy to do this (it takes a little more time and effort as they have to get someone to take your money and issue a receipt etc).  3,)Failing the 2nd approach, and as you are going to Angeles, the Clarkton hotel in Angeles has a travel agency in their lobby (SCOUT Travel). These people give an excellent service and can have your visa extended for you without the bother of going to the Immigration Dept., you just pay them your money and give them your Passport and Photos, sign the form and give them some money for the Immigration and their service. They usually take only 3 working days to have the visa extended. This must be done before the previous visa expires. Hope this is of help to you - Bill

Adding my support of kiwibill's post, that is the straight dope..

i will be returning in a couple of months. i have a return ticket to Australia for November. Last time i did this i just had to assure them that i would extend visa within a month. I own condos in cebu so i think this was considered. Anyone comment on this

Get the visa before you leave at the Embassy in DC or a Philippine consulate.
For $90, you can get a visa good for ONE YEAR with MULTIPLE ENTRIES.  This is the cheapest way to go, you'll pay much more once you're in the Philippines and its a hassle.  You can find more information at the Philippine Embassy web site, philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#nonimmigrant.

steveb02 wrote:

Get the visa before you leave at the Embassy in DC or a Philippine consulate.
For $90, you can get a visa good for ONE YEAR with MULTIPLE ENTRIES.  This is the cheapest way to go, you'll pay much more once you're in the Philippines and its a hassle.  You can find more information at the Philippine Embassy web site, <span>[link under review]</span>.

That One Year Visa for $90 "may" not be as simple as it sounds.

This is from a Philippine Embassy website:

[C. Below are different types of Entry Visas for Tourists and their respective fees:

Single ENTRY valid for three (3) months (NOK 270);
Multiple ENTRY valid for six (6) months (NOK 540); and
Multiple ENTRY valid for one (1) year (NOK 810)
Important Note: Payments for Visa are Non-Refundable

D. The above-mentioned visas are for ENTRY purposes only. Period of stay (which will not exceed 59 days) will be determined by the immigration officer at the point of entry in the Philippines.]

I would like to hear from anyone who has a 1 year visa, and confirmation that it actually does not incur further costs and BOI visits, after the 59 days that it allows (section D above).

This may of course be specific to some countries only.  The Phil embassy in Australia has no mention of that one year visa, other than the one year balikbayan visa.

ABC:  I just obtained the 1-year multiple entry visa from the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC.  They told me it was good for a year, however, as you said, the maximum length of any single stay was 59 days.  I suppose some fly to Hong Kong for a day of shopping on day 59 then return the next day.  In any case this is the first time I've obtained this visa, and will be leaving in a couple of weeks.  I'll keep the community apprised of any irregularities (if any) I experience.

I've done some more reading and I "think" I understand it now.

The one year multiple entry visa seems to "insist" on multiple visits during that year, with each visit not going over the 59 day limit.   
That is good for people who are going in and out all the time, with visits between 30 and 59 days.

There is no cost for a visa up to 30 days, so no point getting a 12 month visa if all visits are under 30 days.

The normal extension cost for up to a 59 day visit is 3,030 pesos (US$68 or A$87), with one visit to the BOI within the first 30 days.  So buying the 12 month one does seem worth paying for to avoid that visit.

If someone wants to visit without the need to leave every 59 days though, I get the feeling that they will need to obtain an extension visa in the Philippines.
11,500 pesos for the 1st 6 month extension (including ACR card), then 8,250 pesos for the next 6 month extension.