Reg: specifications for residence with two kids

Hi,

I have a query, is there any mandatory specifications for taking appartment with two kids in Brussels.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ram

Hi Ram,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Hopefully our members will help you with their precious advices in regards to your query.

Good luck  :top:

Regards

Mishna

Sorry I do not understand the question at all.
Children do not rent generally and landlords sign contracts with adults, some landlords put into contracts that the maximum number of occupants in a residence can be X number of people, is that what you mean?
Have you have trouble with landlords or estate agents making derogatory remarks about children? I did once have an estate agent tell me she would not let me see a house because there were 3 bedrooms and she considered I needed at least 4 bedrooms!!!! I thought it wasn't an estate agent's business to tell me that, she lost my business and I found somewhere perfect.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, i will clarify my question now. I am having two kids and my wife in India.

If i have to apply for Visa for Brussels, i have to submit the rental contract. For that is there any specifications ( like one bed room or Two bed room) required for rental contract as per norms for applying Visa.

Hope I am clear.

Thanks,
Ram

No, there's no such (official) specification. However if your children bark loudly during the night they might disturb the neighbours which could be a problem. Sorry, just joking. Good luck with the kids and finding somewhere suitable.

Hi Ram,

There are some official rules for that

- Order of the Walloon Government determining the minimum standards of sanitation, overcrowding and criteria relating to the definitions referred to in Article 1, 19 ° to 22 ° bis, of the Walloon Housing Code

Calculation of habitable area:
The living area is the area measured between the inner walls of living rooms multiplied by a coefficient of height and a lighting ratio.
The coefficients of height and lighting are equal to 1 if the standards are met (the required height ceiling and a glazing area of ​​at least 1/14 - 1/12 new home - the floor area in case of vertical glazing and / or 1/16 - 1/14 new home - in case of roof glazing). If standards are not met, the coefficients will be less than 1. For the calculation of the coefficients, making refer to in the Article 2.3 and 4 of the Decree of the Walloon Government of 30 August 2007 determining the minimum standards of sanitation, overcrowding and criteria relating to the definitions referred to in Article 1, 19 ° to 22 ° bis, Housing Walloon Code .
Do not count: the halls, clearances, bathrooms, toilet, storage, cellars, attics, garages, parts which have no natural light intake, buried coins over 1 m. below the adjacent land and parts of a width of 1.5 m.

1.     where individual housing
    15 m² for 1 person (24 m² when creating a new home after 1/1/2008);
         28 m² for 2 people;
The accommodation must include at least living space of 10 m² if it is occupied by one person and at least one living space of 15 m² if occupied by 2 people.

Brussels is NOT in Wallonia, it is a separate region, so above post is relevant for Wallonia and not Brussels I guess.

Dear Tervurner,

Despite the fact that Brussels and lot of his citizen believe that they not belong in BELGIUM but in a separated country.

If you had taken the time to compare the two codes, you will discovered that the only difference between them in the calculation system is the height under ceiling. In Brussels, the height is 2,10m and in Wallonia 1,50m.

That is why, I give this calculation chart. But of course if you want, here are the 99 pages document concerning that in Brussels. http://www.slrb.irisnet.be/professionne … equipement