Possible move to South America

Hi everyone !

So have some questions
Hope someone can answer them :)

1. Once I get my permanent residency and after years I wanna apply for citizenship , Do I have to renounce my current nationality ?
2. After getting the nationality and thinking of taking another country's passport , would I lose my Ecuadorian nationality ?
3. I don't have a pension or fixed monthly income to show authorities so which other countries in south america would be suitable , other than Ecuador ?

Thanks in advance

Arabian Knight wrote:

1. Once I get my permanent residency and after years I wanna apply for citizenship. Do I have to renounce my current nationality ?
2. After getting the nationality and thinking of taking another country's passport, would I lose my Ecuadorian nationality ?

Ecuador will not force to you renounce your original citizenship when you obtain dual citizenship here.

What you're trying to find out in your second question is a mystery to me.  Keep in mind that there are about 200 countries in the world, and nobody here is versed in the visa laws of all of them.

cccmedia in Quito

Arabian Knight wrote:

I don't have a pension or fixed monthly income to show authorities so which other countries in south america would be suitable, other than Ecuador?

This question is trickier than it may first appear.

To answer it conclusively, a poster would need to know about the visa laws in up to a  dozen countries on this continent...and how the details of your personal situation fit in with those visa regs.

If I don't miss my guess, you're probably going to have to research the visa rules in other countries in which you are potentially interested.

Some immigration attorney (based where, I don't know) may be keeping track of such information.

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:

What you're trying to find out in your second question is a mystery to me.  Keep in mind that there are about 200 countries in the world, and nobody here is versed in the visa laws of all of them.

cccmedia in Quito

I mean to ask what are the rules for involuntarily loss of Ecuadorian Citizenship ?

Arabian Knight wrote:

I mean to ask what are the rules for involuntarily loss of Ecuadorian Citizenship ?

You're so many years away from gaining and potentially losing EC citizenship, that I'm going to surmise that you meant "loss of Ecuadorian residency rights."  Also, we're going to simplify this for the moment by eliminating the world "involuntarily," which IMO only would confuse the situation.

Once you gain your permanent residency visa (and the national ID card or "cédula"), you are permitted to be outside Ecuador for an aggregate total of 90 days during each of the following two 12-month periods.  After that, you may be outside Ecuador without losing your residency for a period of up to 18 months during the first five years of residency.  Whether that 18 months includes your previous time away during years 1 and 2 is subject to interpretation by the authorities.

If, after year three, you apply for and are granted citizenship, the restrictions on being outside La República no longer apply.

If the above does not answer your original question as intended, please let me know.

cccmedia in Quito