It's official, you can now make free calls from whatsapp..

I just tried calling here and overseas and it works, it's amazing taking into consideration the 200 ridiculous minutes they offer here per month on each plan.. LOL

What are the costs?

Bob K

So the only issue.....LOL.............is having  two phones on a data plan with whatsapp and a connection at the time.........

Good morning Planner

You don't necessarily need to have data plan, you can be connected to your Wi-Fi network at home, at work, or a public Wi-Fi zone, and you are set...

Cheers

Hello Bob

It's free of charge, the official news is today on Forbes and other main news chains

Cheers.

That is true,  you are right......   wifi signal and off you go............

Ok will try it in the next few days.  Thanks!

Bob K

I know you can leave audio messages but not actually make any phone calls. I checked for Whatsapp updates but did not find any where you could make phone calls from the application. How are you doing it?

Someone who already has the feature must call you and activate it. You must also have the latest version of the app on your phone. Android has it, but Iphone and BlackBerry will implement the feature as well pretty soon.

That makes sense because I have an iphone. That's really awesome news! Thanks for the post.

I have an iphone. I hope they update it soon. Thanks for sharing!!! So exciting.

I recently helped an ipad/iphone user install Skype so that they could talk with an Android cell.   Skype works on multiple platforms and could be used while waiting for the whatsapp app.

Viber and Google Hangouts have the same feature, audio and video for the second :top:

I have been using Viber and Whatsapp for calls and video for over a year now and for the most part it works great.  I have had issues at times speaking to my mom in Florida who is on Broadwing internet there and also Santiago had some issues.  GREAT alternative.

Can I call and used whasapp for free on my cell I have att I phone 7 need to know is is going to be free

Closed