Bahrain New Visa Regulations

Bahrain does it again  :thanks:

I must say , Kingdom of Bahrain is doing great modernizing it's Immigration policy  :one
Whereas other States of the GCC are way too behind !

http://www.policemc.gov.bh/en/images/logo_media_center.gif

Following on from the new visa policy announced in September 2014, the government of Bahrain have announced a second phase updates, which will allow business visitors and tourists to spend longer periods of time in the country and also improves ease of access for GCC residents and visa holders.

In October 2014, a new visa policy was implemented which allowed nationals from over 100 countries to obtain a visa either online ahead of travel, via the Bahrain government's eVisa website (www.evisa.gov.bh), or on arrival. Data from October 2014 to February 2015 shows that over 1,400 visitors from the 32 new countries eligible for visa on arrival and more than 2,300 visitors from the 36 new countries eligible for eVisas benefited from the new policies.

Under the latest developments, from April 1st 2015 both business visitors and tourists will be able to spend longer periods of time in the Kingdom, as the new policy dictates that business visas will be valid for a month and are multi-entry, whilst visitor visas are valid for three months and are also multi-entry.

GCC residents of any nationality will be eligible to receive multi-entry visas on arrival or online making it easier for expatriates living in the region to travel to Bahrain. Furthermore, nationals from countries that are not included in the countries eligible for eVisas or visas on arrival can still apply for eVisas if they have a visit visa for any other GCC country.

http://s1.postimg.org/pd56p6vv3/DSC_0206.jpg

This is very good news Gunner757.
Thanks for sharing and updating us with this very useful information.
Bedh

very good news ! thumbs up ! :top:

Thanks for sharing the info gunner!! your the man!!  :thanks:

so... the question. As a Bahrain <-> Saudi commuter, does this mean I will no longer collect passport stamps seeing as how the visa I got today coming home should be valid for longer and multi-entry (according to the info above)?

Also, if someone I know (Brit.) came to Bahrain on a tourist visa last month, will their visa still be single entry or can it be converted to multi-entry?

suburbansam wrote:

so... the question. As a Bahrain <-> Saudi commuter, does this mean I will no longer collect passport stamps seeing as how the visa I got today coming home should be valid for longer and multi-entry (according to the info above)?

Also, if someone I know (Brit.) came to Bahrain on a tourist visa last month, will their visa still be single entry or can it be converted to multi-entry?

It depends on factors

Do you have an Iqama? If yes then you need a paper Bahrain CPR and residence permit, that stops the passport stamps. You can also get a causeway book.

Regarding the multi entry exit visa you normally have to leave Bahrain every 28 days and for wives and kids that can't get in to Saudi that means a flight out. Visit visa means a flight every 6 months

I appreciate the attempted answers... :unsure

I have an iqama and will shortly have the CPR paper. When you say residence permit, what do you mean? Bahraini residence? I didn't know I was eligible not having a sponsor in Bahrain. I'm also wondering whether the 5 year multi entry which I just applied for will be a waste of money now. If all this stops the passport stamps, why get a causeway book? Wouldn't that be superfluous?

A visit visa was, until the 1st of April, single entry. But if things have changed while you are here on a visit visa, will they now be regarded as multientry or not or will someone who arrived prior to the 1st leaving now have to buy another one on re-entry? That was more my quesition.

These new visa regulations won't stop passport stamps !
But yeah to be free from passport stamps , get a Causeway Booklet , am not sure about how one can get it !

Those issued visit visas as Single before April 1st , would be considered single !
There won't be a change in the visas issued before April 1 !

A visit to NPRA would be better to get an answer !
I guess they'll cancel "Single Entry" visit visa to "Multiple Entries "
Now all those coming after April 1st in the Airport are issued Multiple Entry visas !
Not sure about the causeway !

Anyways , in the image below , you'll find the Stay Limits and Number of Entries accordingly for a UK Citizen with a Saudi Iqama  !

http://s3.postimg.org/q4pwjlvur/stay.jpg

Thank! You! gunner757!  ;)

Assalam O Alaikum everyone, something I am looking into: I have a US passport & I am on a Visit Visa in Bahrain, I got an on-arrival 2 weeks Visit Visa later I applied for & obtained a 5 year multiple Visit Visa.  The problem: I have to leave Bahrain every 4 weeks, then I can enter Bahrain again & the 4 weeks cycle would restart.  I know that I cannot get a Saudi Visa on the causeway with my situation, can I just exit Bahrain via causeway & re-enter Bahrain making a U-Turn without entering Saudi Arabia?

Possibility:  I can have a Bahraini citizen in the same car if it makes any difference for me to get a Saudi Visa or something.

Any & Every suggestion is appreciated, I'm trying to avoid going to Dubai for no reason & come right back to Bahrain...

Jazak Allah

That won't work !
I'll tell a story of mine !

I entered Bahrain via causeway after few hours got an exit immigration stamp from the airport as I was catching a flight !
Flight was cancelled after 6 hours stay in the airport , and while entering immigration , he just wrote cancelled on my "Exit Stamp" !

I don't know about the causeway procedures if you're just turning back !
Such loopholes may exist !

You could've opted for a 3 months visit visa instead !

I just posted a similar issue here , read it Visit Visa

This won't work. You should never have applied for the 5 year if you don't have a sponsor in Bahrain because visit visas allow you to stay longer than the 5 year multi entry.

You will have to fly out every 28 days. Sorry, but at least you'll get some decent air miles.

Jazak Allah gunner757 & suburbansam, in that case I'll keep going out & returning back same/next day. I didn't know that 3 months visa did exist, I still can't find any info about that. Oh well, I guess I'll get to sit in a damn flight every 28 days :)

Again, thanks for your help.

Assalam O Alaikum.

Thank you gunner757 for this info. :)

islandmacaw wrote:

Assalam O Alaikum everyone, something I am looking into: I have a US passport & I am on a Visit Visa in Bahrain, I got an on-arrival 2 weeks Visit Visa later I applied for & obtained a 5 year multiple Visit Visa.  The problem: I have to leave Bahrain every 4 weeks, then I can enter Bahrain again & the 4 weeks cycle would restart.  I know that I cannot get a Saudi Visa on the causeway with my situation, can I just exit Bahrain via causeway & re-enter Bahrain making a U-Turn without entering Saudi Arabia?

Possibility:  I can have a Bahraini citizen in the same car if it makes any difference for me to get a Saudi Visa or something.

Any & Every suggestion is appreciated, I'm trying to avoid going to Dubai for no reason & come right back to Bahrain...

Jazak Allah

Hi,

I have a friend with US passport with the same situation as yours. He has a Saudi visa and commutes to work. He takes his wife for a u turn every 30 days without any problems. However, he was warned once by one guy. Most of the guys at the immigration stop are generous enough. However you might on a bad day end up with a grumpy one. Sweet talk your way out.

If you can manage it there should be no trouble making a u turn. I also know some Brits doing the same for their family.

Regards

live.ali wrote:
islandmacaw wrote:

Assalam O Alaikum everyone, something I am looking into: I have a US passport & I am on a Visit Visa in Bahrain.... for me to get a Saudi Visa or something.

Hi,

I have a friend with US passport with the same situation as yours. He has a Saudi visa and commutes to work.

well, then he's not in the same situation as the OP who has indicated that he doesn't have a Saudi visa. I think the fact that your friend is the driver, has an iqama and is doing this for a dependent might make the difference for him from the OP.

islandmacaw... why not try it and let us know if it works? The worst that can happen is a lecture and a forced turnaround. the best is a simple solution to your problem.

:)  wowwwwwwwwww good initiative  :one:top::idontagree:

suburbansam I read your last comment few minutes ago, btw I took a flight last month to go out & come back in.  I was approaching that time this month as well but I met a family friend last night who is a Bahraini citizen & agreed on taking the risk to atleast try.  Guess what fellows, it worked!!!!  I was able to exit at the causeway, no questions asked, I handed over passports myself along with Bahraini's CPR to the immigration guy in the booth saying "Assalam O Alaikum" & in few minutes I was heading towards re-entry making a U-Turn.  Same exact thing at re-entry, only odd thing was that I got an exit stamp on the passport but no stamp of re-entry, I got the car parked & went back to the same booth & told the guy sitting inside about this, he said no problem as in don't worry about it (since he entered the information in their computer I am guessing).

SO, let's see what happens next month, if you guys don't see another post from me next month, don't try it   :)

Al-hamdu-lil-lah

Jazak Allah.

thanks for that helpful sharing of experience islandmcaw

BTW... for Brits who want tourist visas: the same old 3-month single-entry visa is available at the airport (20BD). But if you want the new multi-entry tourist visa, bear in mind that it only allows you to stay for 14 days at a time. I'm glad the guy mentioned this at immigration as it would have caught us out.