Cost of Medicines

Hi

Myself and my husband hope to relocate to Gozo next year, we will be very early retirees and have no plans to work but will live off savings for approx 8 years until our private pension kicks in, we will be in our early 50s.

I am a diabetic and wonder how much this medication costs in Malta please as I know I won't be entitled to free prescriptions.

Many thanks

Lee

What medication? What is the name of it?

leemd. I have PM'd you regarding an agent, in case you are still having problems with some.

Morning

I actually take a few, including, Atorvastatin, Lansaprazole, Co-approvel, Metformin, Pioglitazone and Glicazide.

I didn't know if you have to per per item as you do in the UK or per prescription.

Many thanks

Lee

You pay per item (package). Not for diabetes, mine come to about E98 per month.
I would expect yours to cost more and prices may vary from time to time.

Advice. If you have a pre-existing medical condition for which you are receiving medication before moving to Malta ensure you have a maximum supply of that medication. (Usually 2 months of.) I also strongly advise you to bring copies of medical records, copies of prescriptions or a letter confirming your conditions and medication. These may prove invaluable for when seeking medication here, either by attending a free clinic or doctor privately and/or during Schedule V assessment. (if you are entitled to Sched V by being covered by S1).

I won't be of pension age for years I'm afraid!

I usually get a prescription that lasts me 3 months at a time, 98 euros a month is quite expensive so will all have to be factored in.

Thanks for the pm earlier

Lee

Yes, I know, I read that which is why I wrote 'if' because others read these posts.
E98 is just for me and my needs, it is not for your list of medication which will also depend upon how much of which you take each day and the quantity in the packaging.