Possible Relocation to Malaysia

I am currently teaching English (EFL) in Abu Dhabi. I am looking to potentially relocate to Malaysia. I have researched the basics of life in Malaysia (jobs, salaries, people, etc.). However, I am curious to know about the typical school work weeks as I have seen job postings in certain cities as Sunday-Thursday but most schedules Monday-Friday.

For the Monday-Friday schedules, since it is said that Malaysia is a Muslim country, do most teachers have a break midday on Friday for their Friday prayers?

Just curious what to expect as far as schedules. Thank you.

Hello scott-harrison,

I would like to inform you that I have moved your discussion in the Malaysia forum for better views and interaction.

Which city are you most likely to settle?

Regards
Yuveshen

Thank you, Yuveshen.

As for a target city, I am not sure. I'm still in the "considering Malaysia" phase, so because I know very little about the country, I haven't chosen a particular city. I see many jobs in Kuala Lumpur though, so maybe there.

Thanks again.

Some States recognise the Sunday-Thursday routine (e.g. Kedah and Johor) but KL is Monday-Friday. Having said that most language courses are offered evenings and weekends, so very often the working week is Tuesday-Sunday to take in the weekend days in the KL area. Each school would have its own policy about Friday Prayers.