School Principal in Al Ain

Hi...I'm Kym and I just accepted an offer to be the new lower school principal at a private school in Al Ain for the next 3 years.  Long before I applied I did my research so I think I know about the basics but I would like some insider tips.  My position will include furnished housing, utilities, internet, transportation in and out of the country, medical insurance, and a car.  They plan to fly me over in a few weeks to meet me face to face.

I'm curious about a few things and the information I found is hit and miss:

How is the quality of the medical care? Is it easy to obtain?  Do I need to get an extended period of prescription medications filled before I leave?
Is it easy to find foods typical to the US?  I plan to cook for myself mostly and while I'm adventurous I also have some food sensitivities.
How easy is it to travel around the region on the weekends? Is it expensive? Is it safe to travel to other countries in the region?
Are there opportunities for socializing in the area?  I'm not a club person...I'm a 44 year old empty-nester...but I want to make some friends.
How much stuff do people typically bring when they move?  Is it mostly clothing?  Should I bring an extended supply of hygiene/toiletry items or can you get American brands?
(High Maintenance question) I use Clinique exclusively on my face...can I buy that there?  Are the prices similar to the US? or should I stock up on that and bring it with me?

Thanks!

Kym

Hi Kim
How is the quality of the medical care? The quility is good, Is it easy to obtain? Easy. Do I need to get an extended period of prescription medications filled before I leave? No need
Is it easy to find foods typical to the US? Yes, you can find in any restourant.   I plan to cook for myself mostly and while I'm adventurous I also have some food sensitivities.
How easy is it to travel around the region on the weekends? Yes Easy. Is it expensive? Average...Is it safe to travel to other countries in the region? Yes.
Are there opportunities for socializing in the area?  Sure. I'm not a club person...I'm a 44 year old empty-nester...but I want to make some friends.
How much stuff do people typically bring when they move?  Is it mostly clothing? Enough. Should I bring an extended supply of hygiene/toiletry items or can you get American brands?no need.
(High Maintenance question) I use Clinique exclusively on my face...can I buy that there?  Yes. Are the prices similar to the US? Cheaper. or should I stock up on that and bring it with me? No need.

Thank you!!