Safe place to live

Hi, so I'm looking for somewhere to live in phnom penh. I have no idea where to look but I'm searching for safety, quite-ish Good neighbourhood. I'm alone here so would like to be safe as a single woman can be but not too far away Where it's a long trek to get anywhere

That's an easy yet difficult question to answer...sometimes the safest place can be the most dangerous place! Sometimes a tourist/expat hotspot can make the place a magnet for petty crimes eg. mobile, jewellery, bag-snatching. So common sense must always prevail wherever you go/stay. If you intend to travel often by tuk tuk, try staying somewhere that is relatively near to your place of work or play; the lesser distance you travel, the lesser the probability of getting hit by opportunist robber (not to forget the travel time and cost).

My personal advice would be to stick to a place with plenty of foreigners. For a foreigner to live in the neighbourhood with the locals is an easy target whenever you leave the home empty. Choose a serviced apartment or condo with 24-hr security. Depending on your budget, there are plenty of offerings in BKK, riverside or Toul Kork area. Generally speaking, Phnom Penh is not as unsafe as one imagine before stepping foot on...the fear is usually more imaginary than anything. It's a beautiful city to be enjoyed, not feared.

Have a nice stay.

Hi,

Larry here from Singapore. I have a hotel room for rent. Located at the central of Phnom Penh. Fully furnished with AC. Weekly housekeeping included. Laundry service is also available. 24hours security. If you are keen do let me know.
Thanks!

Hello i have someone who arrive on thursday what is the hotel category ( number of stars if any ) whats the price and duration possible, actually my friend stay one month.

Best regards

Hi All

Welcome to Expat.com!

--------------------------------

@larry777 --> It will be ideal to post your ad in the Housing in Phnom Penh where any takers can get back to you ;)

Cheers

Mishna

If you live in an area with allot of foreigners you will lose out in understanding the culture and the Khmer people. Also its the areas that are predominately foreigners that attract the large number of snatch thieves!

There are motos and tuk tuks available just round the corner, and lots of shops and small restaurants in the neighborhood.

There has not been any snatch thieves, mugging or break-ins on my street in the last 4 years I have lived here! furthermore My neighbors  has 2 dogs, that bark if there is anything suspicious.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please post your advert in the housing section. section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct