Car Rental/Lease

I'm looking for a monthly rental that is cheap.  In the UAE, I rented a new Peugeot made for the Chinese market (Great Wall) which suited my needs fine.  I need dependable more than comfort or speed.  I drive rarely except to work and back, and my carpool situation has become ridiculous...

I'm looking for something between 1,200-2,000 Riyals.  I'm willing to pay 6 months in advance for such a price.

I've been in Jeddah for 2 years.  I have an Iqama. I work for a contractor on the naval base.

Any suggestions?

Hey,

I think your best option is to visit car rental companies and all will have special deals for monthly rentals. For a small car it will be for a round 2000-2600.

My advice is to go ONLY with big companies, like  Budget, Key, Avis,Eurocar and Autoworld …don't be tempted to go with smaller companies for saving few Riyals a month since they will take a FULL ADVANTAGE of you incase of an accident.

Negotiate for a new car, even if you have to wait for few days to get it

TAKE the full insurance (the extra 10-15 Riyals a day) you know how it's like out there in Jeddah streets

Thanks.  Yeah, accidents here are something you have to think about.  I still can't believe I've been here 2 years without having one since I commute from one end of the town to the other every day.

In Ras Al Khaima, I had the small Peugeot for the Chinese market.  New. The only problem was that it didn't start fast from a dead stop which made it a little more dangerous than an average car.  RAK traffic wasn't heaven - but - it wasn't Jeddah either...

I probably can't go as high as 2,500.  At some point, it starts making more sense to find a different job with better transportation...

Thanks again....

Scott

Hi, not sure whether it's too late.

We have rented a car from budget for a month. Full insurance, it cost SR 3000. Now we will need to extend the rent, and we asked for discount. The guy said he will discuss with the manager and we probably can get it cheaper.

So, I reckon if you are renting for long term, you can bargain with them. Maybe not to 2500 but very closed. I would suggest not to compromise on insurance. I really would think it's very necessary to have full insurance, esp in Saudi Arabia.

I often travel around the world and in each country there is a problem with a rental car. In my last trip my brother advised me to install mobile app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/car-ren … 1&mt=8
With this mobile app, you can rent a car without any problems all over America and the world. This mobile app is working well on ios and android platforms. I hope this helps someone!

If you go for the small segment car like Toyota yaris or Hundia accent(or smililar) it wil fall in your range under 1,800 to 2,000 SR But you have to look for 2 or 3 yr old model like 2012 or 2013. Visit Car Rental Market opposite to Saudi Business Center At Madina Road. If you want i can even assist you further as i rented in that range before from a rental shop in that market.