Two weeks to fill - or not!

I feel that way every time I head back to the DR

Bob K

No it will be different, you will start planning the next trip.

When I first started visiting here I couldn't leave until I had my next trip booked!  Oh, and a few rums at the local bar.

A few.........just a few.......

Back when I lived in the real world and had a real job I would never come home from a vacation with out having the next one already booked.  I would be looking forward to it while flying home from the current one.

Bob K

Yesterday we were heading out to run some errands which means driving past the airport.  At that moment Insel Air was taking off and Bill mentioned that we would be on that exact plane next week!  How exciting!!  But it got me to thinking, what if there is a flight delay and we miss the 4pm bus to Sosua?  Any backup ideas from the experts?  Assume there is a sign directing us to taxi's at the airport?  Signs all in Spanish?  Place to pick up a quick bite enroute or near the bus terminal?

BTW - I can't tell you how excited I am to be flying Insel Air.  We sometimes sit a Maho beach where the runway is and watch planes come and go and Insel Air, to me, is the most exciting takeoff.  The noise makes your shirt vibrate!  LOL

I forgot are you coming into Santiago or Santo Domingo?

Bob K

Santo Domingo.

The Caribe tour bus leaves every 1/2 hour I believe but I do know they run till 7PM so you should have no problem with them.  Here is their web site. It is a bit confusing but with trial and error you will find what you need.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/index.php … get_travel

Bob K

Thanks.  Was hoping to take the Metro and their last bus leaves at 4.  So if we miss that we can head to Caribe.

Do we need reservations?

Probably not.

Bob K

Caribe leaves every hour on the hour.  Metro has buses at  4, 6 and last one at 7pm.  The last one may not go to Sosua but only to Puerto Plata.

According to Metro schedule, last bus to Sosua is at 4.  Can't make head nor tail of the Caribe website - don't see a schedule anywhere  We'll figure it out.

Bob, is Elias the taxi driver in SD or Sosua?

Last Metro to Sosua is 4pm

Elias is in Sosua but will pick you up in Santo Domingo but cost is around $200.

BObK

Thanks Bob.  I'm sure we'll be calling him once we're settled!

Take the metro to Puerto Plata and get the taxi to pick you up there. Metro goes to Puerto Plata at  6 and 7pm I believe.

Good to know if we miss the 4.  We shouldn't miss it, but.......

Have faith.  See you soon.  I leave to come home tomorrow morning from Newark to POP.  Less than 24 till I take off.

Bob K

Safe travels Bob.  Leave the cold behind!

Been looking at the weather (I know, I know), it seems the temps get into the low 70's at night.  Should we pack sweaters, wraps??  Long pants?

Nights upper 60s to low 70s so no real need for wraps.

I only wear long pants if going to Santiago or Santo Domingo or visiting a church or government office.

Bob K

Upper 60's?  We're gonna freeze~!   :sosad:

Nahhhhhh  toughen up you guys.....LOL  ITs beautiful for sleeping.  You only need a light sweater if you are eating dinner near the water at  11 pm...........

IDK, that's pretty darn cold  ;)

:D  You will have to think of some way to stay warm then............ :whistle:

:/

Hahahahahahahaa  :)

Home finally and loving the warm weather.  Upper 60s low 70s at night will be perfect.

Now to unpack all the junk I brought back with me.  Two suitcases one at 68 pounds and one at65 pounds.   What was I thinking ????

Bob K

Welcome home!

Thanks. So good to sleep in my own bed last night.

Bob K

Ain't that the truth!

Now the stupd little questions will start  :blink:

Will the $ changers like Janet's take $50 denomination bills?  Is there a counter or window where you go to change?  Found their website online and that shop is HUGE!!!!!

You will find your way dont worry!!!!    50's no issue,  10, 20 100 no issue.  Coins are worth nothing.......

Welcome home Bob,  any chocolate in those bags?????    :D

You can't get CHOCOLATE in the DR?????????????????????

YOu can get chocolate here -  it is expensive,  good quality costs a lot and ITS always better when someone brings you chocolate......... :D:lol:

Oh good to hear.  I almost cancelled!

Hahahahahaha

Planner yep 12 bars of Lyndt 90% cocoa chocolate (very dark and bitter sweet) It has the fewest grams of sugar and actually as a diabetic I can eat it.  Just have to keep it away from Pat.

Thanks for the welcome home

Bob K

billandelaine

Yes any denomination of bills is fine to exchange.  As planner said coins of any denomination are useless here including Euros, loonies and toonies.

When you walk in to Janet's the exchange window is to your far right.

Bob K

Thank you both once again!  Enjoy your chocolate  :top: