Moving to Gers 32290 Aignan in December this year.

Hi my family and I are moving to Gers (Aignan) to be exact, in December this year to live with my parents. Really keen to meet both French and English (or mixed :) before we move out. We usually spend a month in Aignan in the summer hols, I have a nine year old girl and we will live on a farm so would like Isy to have friends too for when we come. All Dads friends are English expats who have been over there for 20 years or so need to find our own. I am on Facebook (Chloe Green) for linking let me know. We love to chill out by the pool and eat and drink wine which I suppose is why I know it will be amazing moving to the holy land of cuisine and wine :). I look forward to hearing from you. Chloe

Hello Chloe Green,

If you are looking for french people, you can as well have a look in the francophone forum Réseau social France.
You can try to connect with french members.

Wish you all the best..:)

Regards,
Yuveshen

Hi Chloe,  I am Angela Thompson and I think I posted a reply to a previous post of yours back in Jan?  We were thinking of renting a place near Aignan.  Anyway, we are here now, having arrived on the 10th May so we are still settling in.  I have two daughters, Eleanor aged 10 (turns 11 on the 30th) and Hannah aged 12.  They are not due to start school (the secondary in Aignan) until September, so would love a friend during the holidays!  As you plan to move here in December that's even better.  The girls love ponies and basically any other animal!  Our house is in Lartigue, 3km from Aignan (nearest place sat nav recognises is Bouzon Gellenave).  Don't know if that's near your parents' farm.  I'm very new to this blogging business so don't know how much info to give out.  Yours is the only message I've replied to.  Hope we can meet up.  My girls would be so excited 😃

Thank you

Hi Angela great to hear from you our farm is about 1km outside Aignan it's called Bedat. We arrive on the 27th July this year for a month I really want to get the lingo going so perhaps we can all go to the lakes and the Girls night make French friends. Where did you live in the uk and will you be working out in France? Let's get together when we arrive. Look forward to hearing from you. My hotmail is [email protected] if it is easier. Chloe :)

Hi Angela

How are you settling in? How are the girls getting on?

We are moving earlier now and will be fully moved by September. I have just about finished treatment for breast cancer and decided life is too short and Isy wants to start school at the beginning of the year. Do you happen to know when the first day back is please in September. Pity Isy is a bit younger really but I am sure they will all be fine. Dad is speaking to the Mayor re booking her in.

Have you found any great places to eat and drink or swim? We like Lupiac Lac and restaurant and my dad likes to go to the restaurant in town. How are the locals are they being friendly?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chloe

Hi Angela

How are you getting on in Aignan? Have you found the locals friendly?
we are out on holiday 27th July for two weeks perhaps we could meet up with the girls then? I find the lake at Lupiac really nice but if you have a preference let me know.

How are the girls getting on with their French? Isy has been having lessons but I know it will be the immersion that teaches her. We are coming back for a few weeks to pack then we move out earlier now on the 26th August and Isy has a place at Aignan school to start in September term.

So much to do before we go, I am busy painting the house magnolia for rental and its raining, cannot wait to be in the better weather. We have a removal lorry coming out on the 24th August so please let me know if you all need anything specifically English such are Marmite as its really expensive in Le Clerc.

I do hope to hear from you, it would certainly make our arrival a bit more comfortable. I am hoping to make lots of French friends too we already have a few but I hope we can fully embrace the French life.

Kind regards

Chloe