Looking for a city to live in (heavy internet user and raw foodist)

I am looking for a city where I could live in. I am heavy internet user and raw foodist - I depend on buying good fresh fruits.

My two important requirements are:
- good internet (I use internet for work, 3G is not stable enough for me as a software developer)
- wide variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and various nuts and seeds (also imported, I'd prefer to buy it myself than order from internet)

Less important is
- location (prefer west, because of typhoons)
- safe to go out after dark
- bigger city to be able to meet people and socialize

I am currently in Manila - which I don't like because it's huge city, not very clean air and going somewhere requires breathing mask many times. I've been in Tagbilaran (Bohol) which was quite ok, but not a good internet connection and lack of nuts.

I am looking into options Baguio City, Batangas City, Cebu City, Legazpi City and Iloilo City (Mindanao is off limits for me)

Any recommendations are welcomed, Thank you!

Tomas

If you are in Manila. Try Global City.
Certainly one of the cleanest, and most civilised places in
the Philippines.

Rammers wrote:

If you are in Manila. Try Global City.
Certainly one of the cleanest, and most civilised places in
the Philippines.

Thanks for the idea. However I guess Bonifacio Global City is out of my budget so far...
I don't need so civilized, I can live even in normal (native) filipino home ~ small and below average for European standards I suppose, even in a native bamboo one. I don't need A/C, just a fridge.

Metro Manila is pretty safe when it comes to typhoons because they drastically wear off untill they reach here. I guess it's better for the imported stuff as well. As for Internet I've been doing pretty fine with the 3G and I'm a web developer, although the speed depends a lot on the time of the day and your exact location. Just don't get the 700PHP SUN usb stick, I was unable to watch youtube even in 360p and upload anything with it (maybe my place didn't have a good coverage though). And what's a better place to meet other people, especially working expats? You can find accomodation in decent areas for a reasonable price. Check Makati, Pasig, and Mandaluyong.
I haven't been anywhere outside MM, but from what I hear Palawan is also safe from tayphoons and it's pretty clean and damn beautiful. Davao is safer criminal-wise and is one of the cleanest PH cities.