Looking for a mid level job.

hello all.
I am a Bangladeshi, working as a quality controller since 2007to till now in Fashion industry in bangladesh dhaka for a german clothing brand name KITARO also we do for peek and cloppenburg. I have masters degree also i worked in a five star hotel  and in a 450 beded hospital as an officer customer relations. I have total 10 years working experience in different field. Also I have my own small garments items exportig business since 2010. I have travelled Malaysia as a tourist already 6 times.  M really intersted to work any mid level position there as I know an employer need to pay 5 k to immigration for an employee.  I am ready to pay that amount after the visa done,  if u give me a chance to have a job in Malaysia.
My preferred area.
1. Any export import company in marketting.
2. Fashion merchandising.
3. Quality assurance for any brand clothing company.
4. Manpower sourcing for any company.
5. Adminnstration.
6. Customer relations/receptions.
7. Business development for small companies.
Hope you will take me as a serious candidate. (moderated: no personal contact details on the forum pls)

Well there is no garments industry in Malaysia so you would be relying on your other documented experience. However, employers only really look at the current job and take that as your relevant skills. So although you have aspirations to work in other fields, your CV is not going to be helpful. The only way to find jobs is to network and meet people.

Luckily you come from one of the countries that has an agreement under the Foreign Worker arrangement in Malaysia, so you dont have to receive a minimum salary of RM5k per month. There is, by the way, no requirement by immigration to pay RM5k that is a con which is set up by various agents here. There is a Bond though, but its not that much. I could imagine the RM5k is made up of the cost for the medical which has an xray and blood test though. Every foreign worker pays it themself.

For an employment pass (minimum RM5k per month) there is no fee - or rather the company will absorb it. But to work in that category you need to have a University Degree and experience in the field of work you are applying for - not just a wish to do that type of work because you think you may be good at it........ experience is handson and taking references from previous employers will confirm it.

You are a bit between places - as you may be able to get FW pass to work in a bar or restaurant or call centre (if they need your language skills) - but hardly mid level job. With a Masters degree you should be doing something more senior in Bangladesh, which would potentially open up opportunities in Malaysia. You are a difficult candidate to place.

One area you may want to highlight is your experience in a hospital doing customer service, because of medical tourism in Malaysia. The job is called Health Tourism Marketing Executive here. With your languages you might just be able to find a job in that sector. So look in that area and approach the hospitals with a very well-worded letter and top notch CV.

Thanks for ur reply. As far i know a lot of branded clothing company there in Malaysia and i m working for a known clothing brand so I know I can work related any field of fashion industry. So I wish to work there.
Thanks

Interesting I guess they must be in Johor ?  With contacts already in place, you should be able to network and find a position. But I think it is highly unlikely. Health Tourism Marketing Executive is probably the best bet.

Why aim for such an awful salary? Subsistence living barely surviving? Many under 27s with little experience can get 6-7k (you can get a work permit under 27 in some cases just takes more paper work and contacts). I know these people personally - not types who waste time posting online they are the future entrepreneurs who just do as they network. Posting online for work is a waste of time in Malaysia. They are from ASEAN countries. Many ASEAN expats earn 20-30k as senior personal in major industries  - they don't undersell themselves nor should you. Nor do locals who in the middle classes earn a lot more then salaries sometimes bounded around for IT work - work that has become factory level work unfortunately and I say to young people avoid that industry unless you start your own business. Expats are supposed to be experts paid very well!

Use your network and aim for 10-15k. Less than 10k never worth working in KL if over 27 years old even if from India/China/ASEAN. Think big and aim high - you are more likely to succeed than think small!

Nemo - half term?

What do you think the average salaries for these types of jobs Nemo? Basically they are all LOCAL jobs as far as I can see - what do you think?

1. Any export import company in marketting.
2. Fashion merchandising.
3. Quality assurance for any brand clothing company.
4. Manpower sourcing for any company. (COMMMISSION = no employment pass)
5. Adminnstration.
6. Customer relations/receptions.
7. Business development for small companies.