Seeking Accommodation in Lyon from the end of May to the end of August

Hi everyone,

My name's Anthony and I'm an 18 year old Pharmacy student currently living in Dublin. I have been accepted to do research at Université Lyon 1 for 12 weeks during the summer and I'm desperately seeking reasonably priced accommodation. I haven't spoken French in almost two years since my Leaving Cert so it's rather rusty at the moment. If anybody would be able to help me out or has any details I would much appreciate it. Thank you!

Hi Anthony,

I'm Irish too, living here for the past 2 years. I'll ask around some friends and see if anyone has a spare room going. Our apartment will be available during the summer for three weeks in July and three weeks in August, but that's probably not much use to you ! I'll let you know if I hear of somewhere :)

All the best,
Sophie

Thanks very much for your reply Sophie!

Hope you're enjoying Lyon? That would be great, I would really appreciate it. Unfortunately the university can't offer me student accommodation so just finding it a bit difficult to find affordable accommodation for 12 weeks of the summer!

Thanks a million,
Anthony

Hey, have you checked on leboncoin ? You can often find people subletting their apartments for the summer.
http://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/788103873.htm?ca=22_s

I checked it out and there are a few places which look promising. Thank you! I actually came across a few places on Appartager also. Hopefully I'll find something reasonably priced. Would you say it's possible to find accommodation in a shared apartment or house for about €500 per month? From what I've seen so far the prices seem similar, if not a bit cheaper than Dublin!