Are trans fats an issue here!

Are they being used or are they banned?

Malta imports appx 80% of its food so the originating country would have to be checked.
I don't know nor do I care to be honest.
Sorry but I do not share the need to analyse everything I imbibe.
When one has eaten what I have had to eat, over the years, in many fascinating situations, one does not worry so much.
Serious question and excuse me for asking  but - is this all a wind up?

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … ial.304786

I know its from 2010 but it may help you with your question about Transfats.

I think I you make your own food using fresh ingredients you won't need to worry about transfats etc

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick but one cannot but think that the OP's user name is indeed somewhat enigmatic, with sexual innuendo and the questions are not so much strange but unusual.
I would have thought that if anyone was so concerned about what they consume or imbibe that they would have done research before deciding to move.
Still, we'll find out soon as he/she is supposed to be on Malta now.

I like to control my body as much as I can. Most people don't care about their health at all and to me that's just impossible to understand. But you know i live too, do drugs, cliff dive, etc etc. I just like knowing the risks I'm putting myself at and then I can choose wether or not to take them. Transfats is a big no no. Those I will never eat cuz they are that bad.

redmik wrote:

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick but one cannot but think that the OP's user name is indeed somewhat enigmatic, with sexual innuendo and the questions are not so much strange but unusual.
I would have thought that if anyone was so concerned about what they consume or imbibe that they would have done research before deciding to move.
Still, we'll find out soon as he/she is supposed to be on Malta now.

I should, but I didnt wanna live in Sweden anyway. But yeah I should have. But now I'll have to do it now and take precautions. I just need all the information, then I can make my decisions :) it's not like not being able to eat at restaurants due to trans fats and nitrates would've stopped me from coming here. It does suck though.

Hi,
Trans fats are so far 'banned' only in a few countries (limited amounts still allowed). http://www.news-medical.net/health/Tran … ation.aspx . Google is always your friend....

If you are concerned about your intake just read the labels. If it's not declared the nutrition label, read the ingredient list and look out for 'partially hydrogenated fats' .
Products in the USA must declare the amount of trans fat in their nutrition label. The rules in Europe are not as strikt, but manufacturers often declare it voluntarily.

I'm a Personal Trainer so know all about trans fats and try and avoid them but at the same time try and live for the moment and try not to worry too much. But I understand where you're coming from, an unhealthy diet can make to feel like crap! They can be avoided by cooking for yourself and avoiding products that use trans fats e.g processed foods and fast food which if you're health concious you probably don't touch anyway.

drew333 wrote:

I'm a Personal Trainer so know all about trans fats and try and avoid them but at the same time try and live for the moment and try not to worry too much. But I understand where you're coming from, an unhealthy diet can make to feel like crap! They can be avoided by cooking for yourself and avoiding products that use trans fats e.g processed foods and fast food which if you're health concious you probably don't touch anyway.

Hey drew and thanks for your reply. Quite off topic, but where do you work out? I'm yet to find a good gym.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts have been removed.

Thank you

Priscilla

I am lost to understand why my comments were inappropriate.
All I suggested was prepare your own, grow your own and drink only bottled water.
Exercise can be gained by shopping frequently and carrying one's own from the shops (rather than have it delivered).
And one can (if one wishes) carry one's own air.
(It's called humour)  :)

Seems like the forum is being run(ruined)by some super sensitive,twenty somethings,with no sense of humour,or real life experience.

maltaforme wrote:

Seems like the forum is being run(ruined)by some super sensitive,twenty somethings,with no sense of humour,or real life experience.

I think it was just a misunderstanding or lost in interpretation.

The forum is moderated by several people who are not from here and quite possibly their first language is not English.
Also, my sense of humour can be a bit bizarre, often misunderstood as I am a scouser, an ex Forces man and ex Criminal Justice Officer. My experiences have warped my sense of humour.  :)

Seems to me a strange think to stop you living in a beautiful country, my self i don't live there yet BUT I do work for the Health Service and see all the daily what you should eat and drink, what you shouldn't and believe me it changes almost on a daily basis.

My way of living is everything in moderation, never done drugs - wouldn't want to, they are much more dangerous than trans-fats. I do drink but not very much, i don't smoke, I take fresh air and light exercise as much as i can, however don't do strenuous exercise - I've seen patients who have done this to extreme over the years and am not convinced it helps - early onset arthritis - ruptured achilles tendons - rotator cuff's torn - deltoid muscles torn apart, also what we used to call stress fractures etc.

I'm not over weight and quite fit for my age (63)

Don't discount any country that will give you a better lifestyle.

(advertising is not allowed)

maltaforme wrote:

Hello,

is this post addressed to me or my team ?

Please explain, I may have missed a chapter of this story.

Thanks

redmik wrote:
maltaforme wrote:

The forum is moderated by several people who are not from here and quite possibly their first language is not English.

I am a scouser

Not from here. How does that matter when it comes to insulting posts?

Edit - remember not to quote and agree with posters who aren't in  Malta. It makes you look like you have double standards.
Oddly, I'm from the same area as that poster, but you've made it clear my posts are less than wecome.
Perhaps you can explain why you quoted and agreed with him, but went on to moan about people who are "not from here".

As for English as a first language...from Liverpool and moaning about that???????? :D

Julien wrote:
maltaforme wrote:

Seems like the forum is being run(ruined)by some super sensitive,twenty somethings.

Hello,

is this post addressed to me or my team ?

Please explain, I may have missed a chapter of this story.

Thanks

Julian,
Call that a compliment....20 something ...I wish :D

Hi everybody,

I think that we are unfortunately going nowhere here :(

The most important thing on this thread is that the OP has already obtained some useful information shared by some members concerning trans fat in Malta, so i would like to thank them.  :thanks:

I am now closing this thread.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Priscilla

Closed