Occupation Permit (of validity : 1 Year) renewal for 5th time

Hi Friends,

Initially I have applied for Occupation Permit which was valid for 1 year effective from 1st April, 2010.

During the last 5 years, I have renewed my Occupation Permit for 4 times (each time for 1 year).

The latest occupation permit is going to be expired on 30th March, 2015. And, my employer is insisting me to renew it for 1 more year.

My Point of Concerns:
1. Is Occupation Permit can be renewed these number of times (This will be the 5th time)? How long an Occupation Permit can be renewed?
2. As 30th March is going to be the last day for my Occupation Permit, Will BOI accept my Application? If not, Should I travel back on the same day?

P.S: I don't have any concern to travel back and come back later and apply for a fresh Occupation Permit again.

I have googled but didn't find any relevant posts/comments. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dear Ashok,

If you wish I can assist and follow up with you.

write or give me a phone call personally.  Or the best you go the BOI and find out with the authority concerned.

jennie emmanuel
E & Chic services
[Moderated; Phone numbers are not allow on the thread please]

ashokraj16 wrote:

Hi Friends,

Initially I have applied for Occupation Permit which was valid for 1 year effective from 1st April, 2010.

During the last 5 years, I have renewed my Occupation Permit for 4 times (each time for 1 year).

The latest occupation permit is going to be expired on 30th March, 2015. And, my employer is insisting me to renew it for 1 more year.

Thanks.

Why only for one yr when usually the OP is delivered for 3 yrs unless the applicant requests a lesser period?
The employer needs to give you some good reasons as to why he is requesting ONLY a one yr permit .

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for the response. Could you please let me know, if it can be renewed?

Regards,
Ashok Kandula

e&chicservices wrote:

Dear Ashok,

If you wish I can assist and follow up with you.

write or give me a phone call personally.  Or the best you go the BOI and find out with the authority concerned.

jennie emmanuel
E & Chic services
+230 5 7371426

Hi Friend,

The number of years is based on the Business Requirement and Mutual consent between the Employer and Employee.

I would like to know, if I can renew it on the last day and for the fifth time.  :(

External wrote:
ashokraj16 wrote:

Hi Friends,

Thanks.

Why only for one yr when usually the OP is delivered for 3 yrs unless the applicant requests a lesser period?
The employer needs to give you some good reasons as to why he is requesting ONLY a one yr permit .

ashokraj16 wrote:

Hi Friend,

The number of years is based on the Business Requirement and Mutual consent between the Employer and Employee.

I would like to know, if I can renew it on the last day and for the fifth time.  :(

Only the BOI can give you that answer since they are the one who makes the rules .
Either call them or  go down to their offices .

Hello e&chicservices,

If you have info about the matter, is it possible to share on the thread please. :/

So that other members can have visibility also on the matter.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Yes ...

I have contacted BOI and OP has been renewed without any issues.

Asnwers my Queries:
1. A OP can be renewed n number of Times as long as the Salary is constant/growing and above the limit.
2. A OP can be renewed before it expires. I'm able to extend it on the last day of my OP validity. However, It is advised to start renewing it 1 month before.

Regards,
Ashok Kandula

ashokraj16 wrote:

Yes ...

I have contacted BOI and OP has been renewed without any issues.

Asnwers my Queries:
1. A OP can be renewed n number of Times as long as the Salary is constant/growing and above the limit.
2. A OP can be renewed before it expires. I'm able to extend it on the last day of my OP validity. However, It is advised to start renewing it 1 month before.

Regards,
Ashok Kandula

Thanks for letting us know how it went.
Good for you as far as you OP is concerned

Your OP will be renewed as long as Employer is able to :

(1) Sustain your employment
(2) Require your expertise
(3) Respect the conditions imposed by Law & Immigration Rules
(4) Pay your tax and social charges

At one point, authorities were considering the fact that after 7 years of stay, one might ask for citizenship.  For this, they may require you to swear an affidavit stating that you won't apply for citizenship.  I am not aware whether this practice is still on though.