Dual citizens

Special need answering from Indonesia people's
Is it correct for indonesian citizens can't have others country citizen, meant have two citizens Indonesia and others county, should I choose one of them?

You should post this in the Indonesia forum to get a relevant answer.
Or, even better, ask your country's authorities.

Hi novia jogja,

Your topic is now on the Indonesia forum for more visibility. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

Dependent children of mixed Indonesian/other marriages are given dual citizenship up until age 19.  Otherwise, dual citizenship is not currently allowed for Indonesians. 

This will almost certainly change in the future...but how long is anybody's guess.

Roy has it right.
Adults can't hold an Indonesian passport if they have one from another country.

Thank you for answering, now clear I know if I can't became others citizens any county if I  Indonesia citizens,is it better just to be permanent resident then citizens of any country

novia jogja wrote:

Special need answering from Indonesia people's
Is it correct for indonesian citizens can't have others country citizen, meant have two citizens Indonesia and others county, should I choose one of them?

Hi Novia,

I don't think anyone can have 2 citizenships. At the most can get permanent citizen in another country other than yours. Where are u originally from?

lolasummer wrote:

I don't think anyone can have 2 citizenships. At the most can get permanent citizen in another country other than yours. Where are u originally from?

If you meant this as a general remark (not just about Indonesians), it is incorrect:
Many (if not most) countries allow double citizenship, but the rules and conditions differ quite a lot from country to country. USA and UK are among the most open in this respect, as are most small nations (your home, Singapore, being an exception here).

I have dual citizenship and have 2 passports. Up until 3 years ago I also had a third passport.

I knew somebody who had four citizenships (USA, UK, Ireland and Bangladesh).
I have only one citizenship, but two passports.

And the winner is...... :whistle:

Thanks for everyone for the answering, all are helping me, I was confused myself by dual citizens that because u was living in different country like hongkong and now in Australia there I have some fews friends whos has dual citizens, but they're come from different countries, some of them have dual citizens or even passport and I try to asked from Indonesia friend who has married with another country man and she was told me about I don't want to became citizens of my husband country because I don't want lost my citizens of Indonesia, since that I tried to get information about this, so the answering is yes indonesian citizens can't have dual citizens by law of indonesian government, the special adults, except the children from mix married couples, they're can have indonesian citizens or choose to be others citizens where the parents come from, is unfair for why Indonesia citizens have no right as others country such USA, UK, Ireland, etc,,they can  have dual citizens or even dual passport

Hi Lola summer

Iam original from Indonesia thanks for your participation to answer my question, you are right in some countries are different law
Just wondering I can have dual citizens rather then my country citizen... But by law of indonesian government is it impossible
Maybe same as you as Singaporean, also can't have dual citizens, there only can be permanent resident