Expat Virgin 😉

Hi my name is Sarah I am a 27 year old Irish woman. I am currently a retail manager in a very well known Irish supermarket chain.
Myself and my boyfriend are looking to move to France. We would love some advice on how to go about looking for work, a place to live, where in France to live, ways of living, anything that all of you have knowledge of and could help us make the move sooner rather than later. From what I have researched the south of the country seems to be the best area to go for Expats

Hi Sarah

Although our move to France is still in the planning  stages I though perhaps I could advise on the job front.  I work  as sourcing consultant for China based manufacturers, one of my clients is Primark/Penneys I assume you are currently work for Dunnes Stores ?  Penneys have recently  opened stores France in Paris and also Marseilles. Their administration/HR is based in Dublin and perhaps it would be worth approaching  them for possible  vacancies?

In any event I wish you lots of luck and look forward to reading about your progress Best regards Graham

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your reply, I work for SuperValu (previously Superquinn) so my experience would really be in grocery retail especially fresh food as I am a butcher by trade. I do not think my experience would cover me for fashion retail but it could be a starting point.

What part of France are you planning on moving to?? Our plans are still in the making with the hopes of moving over after Christmas in order to get money together on the possibility we do not have jobs by the time we move over.

I was thinking of taking a TEFL course and do some classes in French also.

Again thank you for your replay it is much appreciated.

Sarah

The thread title got me all excited, but I'm afraid I'm unable to help you in this matter.

Hi Sarah

we are looking to move to the Toulouse area my wife works for Coca Cola and they have an office  there, so hopefully a move could be done with her work . I work form home and can live any ware in Europe. The Mid Pyrenees is our favorite it offers everything Mountains, Med beaches and is  in  easy reach of Spain or Italy  - great location?

We are going down to Nice this summer for three weeks holiday in July so really  looking forward to that 
Good luck best regards
Graham