Home or Condominium Insurance ( owner or tenant )

Just wanted to know if as a tenant or owner in Thailand, you are paying a home insurance ?
If yes can you give information about : price, type of accommodation, tenant or owner, mortgage,location, insurance company, etc...any others relevant informations are welcome.
In case of tenant, did you check when you have signed your contract if the owner have an insurance policy or not ( did he provide information in the contract or annex ), and is there any mentions in the rental contract about your right as a tenant to take an insurance.

Save your money if you have a condo, with the security camera's it is unlikely anyone will be able to steal from you. If it makes you feel better get a solid front door & a 2 sided deadbolt. I key stays in while you are home & when you are gone you take this key with you.  In case you are on the 1st floor and someone comes in the window, with this deadbolt they won't be able to open the door to take the tv out, they will have to take everything out the window, someone is bound to see what's going on and contact security.  If it's a house I would get lot's of camera's and put them in high places where they can't be reached & connect it to your cell phone.  Let the neighbours know when you are away, build a high fence, & get a barking dog on a leash so they cannot poison him.  Good Luck, and Welcome to Thailand.

Your explanations are mainly about robbery, but how about natural disaster or any disasters.

We can imagine the house is destroyed and you lost everything except the land !!

The house need to be rebuild and all the content need to bought again.

Disasters can be various here, like tsunami, eathquake, fire, an helicopter or plane crash into your house, flooding ( less disaster ), bomb, war,....etc...

Personally I don't pay any, but I know I am taking some risks,, not about robbery but about more disasters

Thank you thailand4me and kris napat

Insurance can be required for variety of reasons and purposes such as :

Building Insurance,
Contents Insurance,
Burglary Insurance,
Moving Insurance.

There are basically two levels of insurance cover:

Replacement cover - reinstates your property to it's former condition in the event of it's being destroyed, i.e. new for old. Do not confuse replacement value with how much you paid for the property. A home bought for THB 4,000,000 may cost THB 6,000,000 to replace. It is much cheaper for a builder to build several houses at a time, than to construct just one.

Indemnity policy - reinstates or repairs the property but depreciation is taken into account, i.e. old for old. You will only receive a portion of the amount it would require to replace it.

However, many insurance policies in Thailand do not cover your properties against "Acts of God", such as lightning, hail, earthquakes and floods.

It is important that you check your policy carefully before an unexpected event occurs.

If you live in a condo, there are not really any natural disaster, unless a plane hits the building, not likely, if it did it is doubtful you could get insurance, same for earthquakes, but if you live in a house the worst I think could happen is that it could flood, so I would buy one that has a raised foundation.  Good luck.