Spouse Visa for Australia

Hi everyone,

I need to ask that can a spouse travel with a person who is applying for a student's visa for post graduation,
or are there any rules that the student have to come first and report to the university and then spouse visa will be granted? can both person travel together???

arsalbaig wrote:

Hi everyone,

I need to ask that can a spouse travel with a person who is applying for a student's visa for post graduation,
or are there any rules that the student have to come first and report to the university and then spouse visa will be granted? can both person travel together???

I am not 100% sure but if you are coming on a student visa then your spouse may not qualify for a spouse visa. They are not granted automatically either 
You would have to have sufficient funds to support both of you,rent, food, utilities, transport, pay medical insurance cover etc. There would be work restrictions too. As a student you can only work 20 hours a week.

I suggest you check out www.immi.gov.au  for visa information. You can also contact them for the information.

arsalbaig wrote:

Hi everyone,

You can apply for eligible family members to come to Australia in one of two ways:

1: by including them in your student visa application
2: by applying for them to join you after you have been granted your student visa to study in Australia.

So, the answer to your question will depend on how you apply for them.
The 1st method would allow then to travel with you.
The 2nd method means they follow later, after their own visa is granted.

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/student … -apply.htm

Hey Thanks for the information that i really very helpful, i need to know one more thing that if a spouse come afterwards so how long does it take for visa to come?

arsalbaig wrote:

Hey Thanks for the information that i really very helpful, i need to know one more thing that if a spouse come afterwards so how long does it take for visa to come?

The answer will depend on their own application, if done separately. I do know of one that took about 3 months for the spouses application to join their other half on a student visa. You must remember that bit is a separate application, and not an automatic visa.

ohh soo you mean i shall keep 3 months in mind if applying separately.......

arsalbaig wrote:

ohh soo you mean i shall keep 3 months in mind if applying separately.......

It is difficult to say, not all applications are accepted, some may be faster, some may be slower.

yeah i have heard it too that a person got spouse visa in 20 working days......

20 days would be the processing time, but you have to wait for at least three months since original application.

it means before 90 days they won't be giving their decision.