Thai Permanent Residency

Can we share about :

- Benefits
- Qualifications
- Process
- Criterias

To become eligible to apply for Permanent Residency Permit.

I have read that a Permanent Resident in Thailand has many advantages, with one important which is living in Thailand with NO requirement to apply for an extension of stay.

You can also have your name on a house registration document
You can buy a condominium WITHOUT making a bank transfer from abroad.
Get work permit is more easier
You can be eligible to become a director of a Thai public company
You can become a naturalized Thai citizen.

Every thing you have mentioned in your post is TRUE.
Visit ;
www.interpreter-translator.blogspot.com
You will find almost every answer of your question.
Cheers.

skyaslimit wrote:

Every thing you have mentioned in your post is TRUE.
Visit ;
www.interpreter-translator.blogspot.com
You will find almost every answer of your question.
Cheers.

Thanks for your reply and link, very useful and interesting. Congratulations to you for this achievement too.

Can you clarify the following 2 points :
1) Do you have to speak fluently in Thai for interview with immigration officer ?
2) Regarding the Financial requirement highlighted in your link, close to 100,000 THB, do you have to pay it ? or the money is hold in a blocked account ?

Kind Regards

Answer to your questions:

1. You don't have to be a perfect speaker of Thai language, but you should be able to understand and speak basic ++ Thai, during the main interview ( which also be recorded and attached with your file) officers will ask the questions in Thai.

2. The initial fee at the time of application is still 7500 bhats ( nonrefundable) roughly 97000 bhats payable at the time when your application is approved (if applying under humanitarian catagory) and roughly 195000 bhats if applying under bussiness catagory.

But if the foreigner married to a Thai is not working ( no work permit ) and never paid taxes in Thailand I think the chance to get the Thai permanent residency is very low as there is quota for each country.

In your case you were well integrated, working here or conducting business and paying taxes for over 3 years.

If the fact to have kids who study in Thailand help also or not....

The requirements are clear, but many files submitted are rejected and not easy to understand the reasons or criterias of rejections even all the requirements are met.

What do you think about above from your experience or others you may know who have also the Thai permanent residency ?

Just for my knowledge and understanding : Did you get now the Thai naturalisation or not ? Is that another complicated step to proceed or just years to wait ? I know the both are not link and can be the topic of another forum.

Even if one is married with a Thai spouse, have children, living here for ages BUT do not have a work permit and tax history, I am afraid the appliction for PR will not be accepted.
The quota for PR is 100 persons per nationality.
If one meets the work permit, tax and contineous visa requirment and application been accepted then and only then the chidren will be a plus point if they are studying in Thailand.
Rejection of applications is another matter there are many other unwritten rules and points to be considered, such as criminal records and national security.

you need to have worked and paid tax and national insurance for a minimum of 3 years, they will also expect you to be fluent in Thai.