Would like to find out how is the living standard over there?

Hi, my name is Annette

i am considering a job offer to be based in port morseby, png.  Would like to find out how is the living standard over there? Is it safe?  living expenses, health concern, etc?

Hello Annette,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that I have created a new discussion from your post on the Papu New Guinea forum for better visibility and interaction.

You have got a job offer in which sector?

Thank you
Yuveshen

PNG is a developing country and its capital is very much like cities or other developing countries albeit a bit too expensive. Thousands of expats are living there so I reckon this makes it pretty live-able. Health facilities are basic so people who can afford go out of the country for any serious issue or surgery. It is safe to live if you don't go to unkknown small streets, stay on roads very late or push yourself into trouble with local people. Your package should be good enough to compensate for these downsides. Over all, I reckon its not a no-go area unless you are extremely risk averse.

Hi Yuveshen

its in the fmcg industry  :)

Hi

Port Moresby is a fast developing capital of Papua New Guinea. The living standard is quiet high of course and with the  South Pacific Games around the corner, the city has gone through a lot development to meet international standards.   

See you in PNG

Judith