Construction

Hi there

Just chasing some info.....
Can someone please tell me the earthmoving civil contractors available in Port Vila?
Concrete suppliers? Price of standard construction concrete per M3?
Price of fuel?

How is the clean up progressing?
When do you think it would be advisable to travel as smart traveler is saying to postpone.

Cheers :)

chelsCC wrote:

Hi there

Just chasing some info.....
Can someone please tell me the earthmoving civil contractors available in Port Vila?
Concrete suppliers? Price of standard construction concrete per M3?
Price of fuel?

How is the clean up progressing?
When do you think it would be advisable to travel as smart traveler is saying to postpone.

Cheers :)

Welcome to the forum.

I would safely say that for some months  or so nothing much will be up and running in Vila until the cyclone damage has been repaired. The emphasis will be on getting shelter, water, power and other services up and running before any private work is undertaken.

Yer, that was my guess thanks stumpy. Can anyone pass on the below details in regards to Contractors, Concrete Price and fuel price that is in Port Vila?

Hi , I will be traveling to Port Vila April 1. I would like to make contact with civil engineering companies, to see if there are any projects I can help with. Mostly just to help with the rebuilding .

PM'd you details for the concrete :)
Fuel is about 170vt a litre.
Cleanup is going great and almost all of Port Vila town is business as usual and has been since just a few days after the cyclone.
We are reading the stuff on Smart Traveller and scratching our heads, everyone I speak to is ready for the tourists to come back.
Radiance is docking on April 4th and passengers will be disembarking and we are ready!
Some large resorts are shut but almost all the smaller ones are back in operation and ready for long stay tourists.

Hi Bella

I've been away....thanks for the below reply but I did not receive the PM about the concrete.

Good to hear the ships were coming in again...has it picked up for you at the restaurant?

I have been looking at accom businesses and real estate and I am finding conflicting info and prices between the agents....can you recommend an agent that's reputable and or whom not to use. If there is one that specializes in business and the other residential that's fine. (Business first to sort out the income/PR). Also ....suburbs and or developments to avoid. When you PM me you can give me your email if you wish to discuss this in confidence.

Thanks heaps.

Concrete = Enterprise Dinh Van Tu +67822153
Concrete = MCI +67823657 [email protected]

Hi Bella,

I'm part of a project team working on a design-build post-disaster reconstruction project for a village in Efate. We were wondering if you had any idea what typical costs would be for different materials, and if whether or not they would need to be shipped over?

Materials like: Bamboo, Corrugated Iron Sheeting, Timber, Sandbags (sand or coral?), Cement, Concrete (with steel mesh reinforcement), concrete block?

Thank you!

Hi Bella

I am part of a University project for our engineering degree looking into the construction of houses and cooking buildings in Vanuatu. I would be very interested in finding the costs of concrete or concrete blocks available to the people of Vanuatu similar to what this post was originally talking about. We cannot find an accurate figure so any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Hi MJE10,

Welcome on board.

Just to remind you that BellaM is no more a member of expat.com.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team