How to find a helper in KL

Hi everyone,
We are moving to KL in a few months, and want to start looking for a full-time helper to join us around that time. Do you have any reliable agents to recommend, or can you suggest other ways to find transfer helpers? Thanks in advance!

If you currently have a helper, I would seriously suggest you bring her with you and arrange a working pass for her. The agencies cannot be trusted and there are bans on maids from several countries being hired, including Indonesia.

There are also long waiting lists in place to hire maids through agencies, because of the quota system. This also leads to a bit of "double dealing", so beware of handing over money for a maid who may not materialize. Its a nightmare in Malaysia as it is not a well-regulated area.

The most reliable maids would be married to a Malaysian. But do place an advert in the Jobs section above nearer the time. Its important to ensure that any maid you may hire has a work permit and its your responsibility to check it is valid to work for your family. You can be fined for non-compliance.

Asking around where you end up living does tend to be the least painful route. I think you will find Malaysia a very significantly different place to live than Singapore.

Hello,
I have a very good friend she's looking for full time stay in job. She's still working now until end of May 2015. If your interested pls call her at this number ***
Thank you and God Bless!

Im looking for a job like housecleaning bbsitting and caregiving.i have a valid visa, and married to a local malaysian. Please contact me in this number if u need my service. *** or ***. Thank you.

Hello everyone ,Im Berlen from Philippines.Looking for my next job as a housemaid/babysit.Availble on the 1st week of June 2015.If anyone interested dont hesitate to contact me ..tnx @ good day.

Its really great to see such a response from members on this subject.  Can I suggest that everyone registers their needs or availability in the Jobs section above. It will mean far more visibility to you all.  Good luck in finding your solution.  Thanks

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate the input. I didn't know things could be so tough. I'll try to get in touch with our future neighbors in MK...

hi.madam...iam flora i got someone who want to work.pls contack me

Gravitas,

(advertising your company is not allowed)

Many Thanks

hi...employers...I'm looking a part time job from Monday to Friday, caregiver,nanny, & I can do house cleaning also...

(advertising your company is not allowed)

Please post any vacancies you may have in the Jobs Section above for greater visibility.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/malaysia/

Hello joycehanz,

The right section to post this ad, is in the Jobs sections, Housemaid jobs in Kuala Lumpur.

Also I would suggest you not to forget to subscribe at this section in order to receive notifications about new offers.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Megumis - roughly when will you arrive please?

(Moderated: free ads are not allowed here + register in the business directory )

Hi I'm Irene from Philippines, I'm looking for new employer willing to hired me I m working here in Malaysia going to fours years my end conrtrct is July 26 2015

Moderated by Yuveshen
Reason: Do not share any contact number on the forum,thank you.

Hello irene rastraullo,

I would suggest you to create your CV in the Jobs section- Jobs in Kuala Lumpur so that employers can contact you.

Thank you
Yuveshen

In terms of looking for house help or nannies, probably the best advice I was given was from a nanny that works for a friend of mine... she recommended expat-blog.com and that is how she got her job.  So you are probably starting out on the right foot!

I'm also looking for a House keeper / nanny in Mont Kiara and have posted a job in the JOBS section above if anyone is interested :)

hi.iam pilipina 5 years working private nurse... NGT OR PEGTUBE> VITAL SIGNS- BLOOD PREASSURE PULSE RATE ETC.....iam available now to duty..to any patient ....pls contack my no.***

irene rastraullo wrote:

Hi I'm Irene from Philippines, I'm looking for new employer willing to hired me I m working here in Malaysia going to fours years my end conrtrct is July 26 2015

.[/small]

Hello, We are hiring from July, but we are in Penang, not KL...

Hello everyone I'm shenna from Philippines, 4 years stay in Malaysia, with 3 years experience work as a nanny and house cleaning, please call me ***

Jean Yu wrote:

Hello,
I have a very good friend she's looking for full time stay in job. She's still working now until end of May 2015. If your interested pls call her at this number ***.
Thank you and God Bless!

Hi Jean Yu, is your friend still available?  We are moving to KL on June 1st and would prefer a helper that comes recommended.

Hi everybody
If you hire a maid half time or full time most probably you will have to become her sponsor.
You can ask the paperwork to be done by an agent but most of them are just greedy and can ask up to 8000 or 10000 MYR.
Or you can do it yourself with the help of your maid.
The maid should be able to provide the different documents you will have to fill up.
The process involve a medical file (follow up on internet)
One contract provided dy the Embassy of the Philippines ie. and a document to legalize by them (red stamp)
One legalized document by a lawyer.
The maid shoud be able to do all of this but she will need to pay for some  of these document just give her the money (less than 100MYR).

Once you have all of it you drive to Putra Jaya precint 2 to the Immigration Building 1st floor take a number and wait to be called.
The maid visa will cost around 500MYR for one year 800MYR for 2 years if possible (after beeing employed for 3 years).
In this place you will see the agents doing the same sometimes with 2 passports in hand. This means 20x10000 MYR in their pockets minus the 600 MYR.
Total of this process including driving from KL around 2 hours.(40 km one way)
I"ve done it 7 times.

In this same building you can also apply for MM2H Visa. I've done it as well by myself beeing waived of deposit and other things in less than 15 min.

Mike

Hi good morning to all employers, if you need part time maid to hesitate to contact me I'm Irene near in k.l, only ***

That's very helpful Mike. Much appreciated!

Hello my name is emy and this is my contact number ***. I can recomend you a trusted maid.Thank you and have a nice day ahead.

Hello everyone I'm shenna 4 years stay in Malaysia if u need part time cleaner or nanny please call me ***

VPK wrote:
irene rastraullo wrote:

.[/small]

Hello, We are hiring from July, but we are in Penang, not KL...

Hi sir is very far Penang

Hi..madam good morning. .are u looking a helper..I'm avail to have a new employer..pls contact me this Number. ***..thanx

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

To all expat in Malaysia,
I agree that there is some agent is cheating expat for getting maid. But is you go to licence agency there not giving up there licence for just 10k or even more than that.may some of expat is dealing with the agent only.
Just to help I have friend agency that can trust

Agensi  pekerjaan wira mai - Mr kenny
Agensi pekerjaan smarthpathway - ms eve
Agensi pekerjaan maidpro look for - ms yong

To be safe just tell them you been recommend Jhay Pahila a Filipino.

All the contact will see in the website

Thank you

Hi, I am looking for a full time stay in maid for house chores and baby/kid sitting (8mths old + 6yrs old). I am staying in Seri Kembangan. PM me if any of you have good recommendation.

If you can, bring your current maid with you as the only other option for live-in is to get one through an Agency and usually there are waiting lists.

But I see you are Malaysian, therefore if you can find a foreign maid you can do the immigration process yourself without an Agent http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/fore … r-fdh.html

Hi I'm looking for a job full time stay out maid cleaning housekeeping and etc.thank you and god bless to everyone.

Hi, are you still available?

Yes madam I'm still available any time.

HI Marissa , if any of your friend looking for helper job do let me know. I am currently looking for one.

HI Grace,

Are u still looking for job ?

Hi, I am looking for a full time stay in maid for house chores and baby/kid couching (6Years). I am staying in Puchong.

PM me if any of you have a good recommendation.

placee an ad in the jobs section at top of website and join Facebook groups Expats - Malaysia and Expat world Kuala Lumpur

Yes ma'am you can contact me in whatsapp ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Why is it essential to bring a female help? I wonder what's wrong with a male help? And any thoughts around getting relatives as helpers?