Handan China dont waste your time go to a big CITY !!

I have been here for around two weeks and my god !! its like going back in time!! dont get me wrong the people are cool, but there is just nothing to do !!!

I am the only UK person in this area and there is one guy from the US !!

I would say give Handan a miss !! just nothing to do ! it is the real China !! but you just dont need this !! in 2015 if you got a BSC/BA.

Take a job in a big City !! so you can meet people , do business , have fun etc

i will see how i feel in  3 weeks , but i dont think I will change my mind !

Think of it as a motivating factor to learn Chinese (language and culture)

There are things to do just not the same sort of things as back in the UK.

Maybe, over time, you will enjoy late night KTV and drinking gallons of baijou with your supper.

I am sure there are millions of people to meet in Handan but not Brits or Yanks.

But seriously though I agree that the big cities are far more foreigner friendly.

Yes your 100% my Chinese is getting better and I am understanding more in regards to the culture !

I just feel so  lonely!!

I will try harder to find people that i can have fun with.

Its just at this time in this small city , I dont have one friend or someone I know I can just call up and hang with.

The Chinese teaching staff ,I work with have made it clear they dont like foreigners (the yank has told me all the crazy things they have done to him, but i have seen myself first hand) , the USA GUY is leaving soon after he gos , i will 100% be alone, he has been alone here for half a year, he just stays in his flat !

He worked for 6 years in south korea and says south korea was heaven !! and this place is hell !!

the class size's are crazy !! I feel the Chinese teachers are making the job harder they give very little support anyway ....

I will join a gym and try to meet people there or at a church ! or something

Thanks for the reply !!! it means alot at this time.

Later for now

PS: I cant wait to move on to a foreigner friendly city.

Use this forum, we can try and be your life raft and/or take a weekend break from time to time and come to Beijing