Live close to schools and markets

Hi All
I am an Australian male with a filipino wife and 3 kids, i an fed up with the corruption and blatant theft in the philippines and we are looking for a new country to call home, I know there is possibly corruption here to, but it cannot be as bad as the Philippines. I would be grateful for any advice from anyone here on where my family and I could settle there, we would need to be close to schools and markets as we love to cook , but we also have a budget to abide by. I know this is asking a lot but any advice would be sincerely appreciated.
Regards ALL
PETER AND MHAI

Hi Peter
I'm also an Australian  living in Siem Reap for almost 4 years now:  in business minding
my own business ; not get involved with  the corruption and just keep a low profile but enjoy
A great little city with the many bars ; restaurants and locals that you want to enjoy: our city
Airport is the busiest in Cambodia yet we don't have the traffic jams and congestion that you get in Phnom Pehn
Not many cars as our providence is poor without the  blatant  corruption making the rich get richer;
SR is great for private schools education if you ca afford
Direct flights to most destination in Asia  with cheap Airfares :  saw Cebu Air the other day had $50
Airfares to Manila.     Not anymore
Only problem accommodation is not cheap as per in the provinces
Poverty as per Manila is not the same however it's under the surface

Mjk

Hi
In brief the following  Hotspots in Cambodia are
Phnom Pehn.          Only for business and  city freaks.     
Kampot.                   I believe a good river town with a strong local community and peasant
                                 Following
Kep.                          A  great beachside  ex French Resort not fat from hectic life but  far enough
                                  Away.          Would be my choice based on your story
Sikoukville                 Young backpackers and party town coupled with crims
Batterbang.                Quiet province town        Cheaper than the rest
Siem Reap.                I live here due to  wife family and some friends:  a big tourist area filled
                                   With bars; restaurants and few girls.       Easy to escape the hectic life
                                    If in need. ;   However only minutes away.       Direct flights to most asian
                                    Ports
Provinces.                  Much cheaper and a quiet life.       But maybe boring
Mjk

I agree with the post suggesting Kep rather than Sihanoukville. Kampot is only 30 minutes away. Which you will probably need for pharmaceuticals , banking, supermarket items  etc. If you could supplement your income by establishing some kind of online enterprise. Craft sites such as Etsy would be my suggestion. It would probably be best to come to Cambodia and travel about until you find something that fits your needs. My one piece of advice when travelling distances is take the Giant Ibis bus rather than travelling by taxi. People drive like lunatics and road accidents and fatalities are really common. So you want to be in a large piece of metal rather than a car.

Hi Peter,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Cambodia forum. ;)

Hi Buddy
Thanks for answering questions as I said there is 5 of us (3) kids, you said accomodation is not cheap, any idea roughly what I would have to pay monthly for a half decent place?

Thank you so much for your advice

Thanks for the advice buddy