IELTS information required.

Hello people!

Has anyone of the members recently took the IELTS test ? If yes, then I would like to know few things, related to same.

Kindly assist if anyone has relevant info, pertaining to same,

regards,
Schaz!

My son has took it twice.

Only you have to register on its agent on your country to live on.

Cheers
MAZ

Mohamad MAZ wrote:

My son has took it twice.

Only you have to register on its agent on your country to live on.

Cheers
MAZ

I've booked my IELTS on 28/3/15, i.e.  on Friday. Just wanted to know if any sort of test pattern available or something like that !

Are you taking General or Academic?
The test itself is easy but you have to practice and  get the technics. It includes listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Normally the speaking test is on a separate day.
For the listening you have to concentrate and write down answers while listening. If you missed a part just let it go don't chase after. "Correct spelling is a must"
Reading is easy if you are a quick reader. I think reading questions before would help.
You have to know how to write letters both personal and formal.
Also you need to know how to write a composition rules like in school.
For the Speaking you just need to speak as much you can in a limited time.
That's what I found when I did the test.
I got some materials if you are interested I can share them somewhere on the cloud.

Dear Schaz,
You have to register on the British Council website first, if you did that then buy the book which called "IELTS Target Seven" also some test samples,  then get ready then bring yout original Passport and 4 photos.

Cheers
MAZ

schaz wrote:

Hello people!

Has anyone of the members recently took the IELTS test ? If yes, then I would like to know few things, related to same.

Kindly assist if anyone has relevant info, pertaining to same,

regards,
Schaz!

Dear schaz,

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is very similar to the 'Test of English as a Foreign Language' (TOEFL). Though simple enough, you need to be very attentive. Even if you miss any questions or make mistakes, keep moving on without looking back.

Concentrate. Pay total attention. Listen very carefully. And you should be able to crack it easily.

Good luck !

Mohamad MAZ
Dear Schaz,
You have to register on the British Council website first, if you did that then buy the book which called "IELTS Target Seven" also some test samples,  then get ready then bring yout original Passport and 4 photos.

Cheers
MAZ

Dear MAZ,
I have already registered, not interested to get any books as its just English and i do expect it not to be a complex one.....  though people keep saying different freaky stuff about it. I got few nice references for test preparation via youtube / other online media. Will see how it goes.

Sumitran

Dear schaz,

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is very similar to the 'Test of English as a Foreign Language' (TOEFL). Though simple enough, you need to be very attentive. Even if you miss any questions or make mistakes, keep moving on without looking back.

Concentrate. Pay total attention. Listen very carefully. And you should be able to crack it easily.

Good luck !

Dearest Mr. Sumitran,
Paying attention is something I lack, ever since my college days  :D ....   that's why my teachers were fed up of me.... lol...

But i'll surely try to be attentive during the test session. Thanks for the spectacular advice!

Regards,
Schaz!