Visa - Family/Working women

HI,

I'm an Engineer, my visa is termed as "employment single' and got an offer with monthly salary of 1200 RO. Employer told me they will provide family status.

My queries
1. Can my wife be eligible to work in oman.
2 Can i get family status with the provided salary.
3. Is salary sufficient to live in Oman with family.

Please help me out as I'm listening that oman has very stringent rules towards working women

Regards

Hello expat46oman,

I would advise you to have a look at topic Cost of living in Oman so that that you can have an insight about the cost of living.

I hope members will provide you with more information soon.

Thank you
Yuveshen

this is your salalry is enough for family here
you can bring ur family
she can work but need approval from your sponser may be
there some requirements u have to go through
thanks

expat46oman wrote:

HI,

I'm an Engineer, my visa is termed as "employment single' and got an offer with monthly salary of 1200 RO. Employer told me they will provide family status.

My queries
1. Can my wife be eligible to work in oman.
2 Can i get family status with the provided salary.
3. Is salary sufficient to live in Oman with family.

Please help me out as I'm listening that oman has very stringent rules towards working women

Regards

Hi expat46oman,

Please read the forum and you will find all the information you would need about relocating to the Sultanate.

Just for your quick information find below my responses marked against your queries :

1. Can my wife be eligible to work in oman. - Not if it is a white-collar job. Some exceptions are there like nurses, housemaids, beauticians, heath worker, etc.

2 Can i get family status with the provided salary. - Yes, you will be eligible to sponsor your family.

3. Is salary sufficient to live in Oman with family. - Yes, the salary would be enough for you to be able to manage an average lifestyle, but certainly nothing fancy !

Again my kind advice to you is please read the numerous other posts in this forum and you will get all the answers you are looking for.