I will live and work Singapore. i need something detail... help me,pls

hi all!
Im a girl, from Vietnamese. Next month, i will live and work in Sixth Granny restaurant add Geylang road.
let me know how is Geylang Road, pls? Is it safe? or how?
Have a nice day!
Julie

Geylang is the red light district and probably rowdiest area of Singapore - which doesn't mean much: It's still safe, but as a single lady you might be uncomfortable at times. However, Geylang Road is long and the red light district is only a part of it, so please check the exact location! (And, as usual: Common sense applies - no place is ever 100% safe!)

hi beppi ! i will work in Six Granny restaurant.. can u check it help me?

Sorry, I don't know this restaurant. But if you have the address, you can check the location on Google Maps. The red light district is roughly Lor. 10 to Lor. 24 - and many good food restaurants are also there (men tend to get hungry afterwards ...).

Hi, I'm also like you new here in Singapore. I just arrived from California, and will be here for 2 years. As for the street you'll be working on, I've heard it's safe, actually I've heard many areas here are very safe. You should be fine.

Anyway, good luck with you work here. My name is Gary, if you want to talk again.

Take Care

Gary

Parts of Geylang are also residential areas. I have a female friend who has lived in Geylang for many years and she does not seem to have any major problems.

Hi Julie,

Hope this is not too late.

Geylang is the red light district in Singapore, the streets with even numbers eg ( Lorong 16, Lorong 18 ) are usually the places where exquisite services are sought after. The Odd numbers ( lorong 15,17 and so forth ) are streets lined with restaurants and food.

Your workplace, is located near the intersection of Lorong 15 and the main road. However, you need to be mentally prepared as some guys may mistaken you for someone who provides such services. Just stay professional, calm and tell them that you're working in the restaurant.

Welcome to Singapore

Hi ,
Hey how r u...how's sg treating u....hope u have settled down here....well also stay in geylang...it is safe and sound....so plz don't worry..... I also stay in geylang....its all safe here.....

regards
Wasim

Geylang is a Red light district.
But there are many choices of food places in there too.
Generally Singapore is still safe here. Just  practice caution on moving around in the alleys.

Hi. .
Not trying to scare you or anything. But as long as u are walking along geylang,you have to be mentally prepared to be "stare" or even follow by men. And of course if u are very beautiful..ha ha ha  they may ask for your price.
This is geylang..a place with lots of good food but also red light district.  I was stare 👀from head to toes when I was doing a survey there in the afternoon!  I was with Jean, t-shirt,Base ball cap and a backpack holding on to a folder. But we'll no one cares as long as u are a woman they will look at u.