Running Club

Hi All,

I am thinking of starting up a Hash House Harriers group in Podgorica. For those who don't know, they are known as a  drinking club with a running problem. There are groups all over the world in towns and cities (over 8000 chapters at last count). It is a social group (the hounds) that follows a "trail" set earlier by a selected member known as the hare. The has itself can be run, walked or crawled....any pace that you like. The idea is that the hare will set false trails to try and put the hounds off the scent...the trail varies and is usually a great way to discover paths and new areas (there is some great trails around Podgorica). At the end of the trail, the group re-assembles for refreshments at the "Circle" and fines/penalties are levied at those that get lost or maybe cheated (think taxi).

Its a great way to meet people, exercise and get to see some new places. Let me know if anyone is interested or want more information. I am planning the first get together on Sunday the 19th of April in the carpark at the foot of Gorica hill....On On!

Hey there! There are already 2 hash harriers groups in Montenegro,  one on the coast and one in PG.  I'll send you contact details / FB links tomorrow@ ;) "on on!"

Hello Tsarine, me and my girlfriend are visiting Montenegro end of this month and first week of august. Could you also send me the details? We would like to run and drink along. I don't have Facebook,, can you PM me?

Here is the facebook page of the Montenegro Hash group: - facebook.com/montenegro.hash?fref=ts

Cheers!

Carine

Hi to you Hashing and Running enthusiasts in Montenegro, just checked the recent postings... The Montenegro X Hash a dedicated of shoot of both the Boka Bay and Podgorica Full Moon hash run a once a regular once a month trail for the foolish.

We have an event coming up on the 31st January 2016 running from Risan water front in the Boka Bay.. 10.45 show for a 11.00 o clock go.....We will be easy to spot the yellow X Hash T shirts

There will be a trail of he usual sort challenging and confusing checks and false trails and plenty of uphill and rough terrain followed by a gathering of the exhausted, amber nectar to consume and the odd risky song.

Be there or be square

PS Choriso of Full Moon Hash Fame has more details

ON ON Groucho (Honorary RA for the day)

Hello! 

An incredible relay event is coming through Montenegro as one of the 18 countries it passes through from Scotland to Egypt carrying a baton and a climate message to world leaders at the Climate conference COP27. 

See the event details here... [link moderated] 

There are 14 stages (5-10km each) in Montenegro and we need runners to carry the baton! It's a fantastic opportunity to celebrate positive climate action in and by Montenegro and we appreciate it if you can share the opportunity of getting involved far and wide :-)! 

Best wishes,

Larissa

Hello larissa60,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

You should post this in the Events in Montenegro section.

This will increase the number of views as this will automatically appear in the weekly newsletter.

Best of luck.

Cheryl

Expat.com team

[Topic closed]

Closed