Is it therefore a little cheeky to look for work in Andorra??

My name is Mark McKay and my plan was to look for adult English teaching work in Europe in the second half of 2015 - but it appears that working in EU countries is somewhat problematic for a non-EU resident. Spain was my number 1 target...

Is it therefore a little cheeky to look for work in Andorra?? ;)

I have my Certificate IV in TESOL from the University of Adelaide, as well as qualifications in Adult Literacy, Vocational Training and Assessment and Career Development. I am planning to commence my teaching degree either in Semester 2 this year or the start of 2016.
I currently teach English to multi-cultural classes of adults at a municipal council, and also to newly arrived (asylum-seekers and refugees) in a Government School - many of whom have very little English skills and may not have even been to school in their home countries (students from Somalia and Afghanistan come to mind).
My family (who have a Serbian background) and I travelled through Europe in 2013 and loved it! If I was able to secure a teaching position for even a short time this would give me the experience I desire to look at a longer term in the years to come.
I believe that my point of difference is my relaxed approach and my Australian accent which may be a welcome difference to British and American accents (although of course I may be wrong there!). I can also bring an Australian Curriculum that may be of some interest as we are a little unique "down-under"!
I am very laid-back, have a good sense of humour, patient, tolerant and can adapt readily to different situations and levels as required. I seem to be able to quickly gain the trust and the confidence of my students and I feel that I am able to relate well. What I would be interested in seeing is that how well that may relate to a mono-cultural class...
If anyone has any hints for some schools or private colleges to contact can they please "give me a yell" (Australian Idiom!!)

Cheers

Mark

Hello youcanbloom,

I would like to inform you that I have created a new discussion from your post on the Andorra forum so that you can get better response.

I would suggest you to create an advert in the Job section-Jobs in Andorra.

Thank you
Yuveshen

great you can write me so we see how it goes,

@laura_101 >  :/  [this thread is inactive.]