I can't keep up.. Advice please!

Firstly, sorry to ask ANOTHER question about visa extensions, but I fell like I'm trying to do a jigsaw without the picture. "Welcome to Vietnam laws" is the cry. Yes I know.

So, we arrived on the 17th Jan 2015 and our DN visa is up for renewal on the 17th April. After the laws changed in January we were fully expecting to have to leave the country to get a new visa, as the in-country extension stamping had apparently been abolished.

Now though, our friend's Philippino nanny has spoken to her agent and he said that we no longer have to leave the country, if we arrived in 2015. I'm not sure if he thinks we're from the Philippines and this rule only applies to them, or what. Who knows.

I'm not worried about costs at this point, I just want to know if anyone actually knows if we have to leave the country or not now? Tea money aside, I'm looking for what is actually expected.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Various people have posted on other posts that it's possible to get the extension albeit at a very high price.

Can anyone recommend an agent who I can email and get it sorted please? I live in D2 so near there would be helpful but not essential.

Thanks

Ben

contact [email protected] or call +849 3345 7789
It's a visa extension agent, i think they can help you .

Dear Ben

If the sponsoring company keeping the same, you can stay in Vietnam to apply for a new DN Visa. No "very high" fee or "tea money". Your company can do it itself, just as simple as before.

Hey, I hear from my sister in law who is working in goverment that the law for visa extend have to be change from now 2015.it mean that the 1st you ask for travel visa, they will give you the time.and after this time you have to come back hơmetown, cant change to be working visa...im not clear much in Viet Nam law but for sure i willing to ask my sister if you need