High USD making Vietnam more expensive?

Anybody else feeling the effect of the strong USD?  Vietnam is not "cheap" anymore

High USD is good if you're American. Not good for Canadians like me. Last year I got $19k dong for $1 CDN and 2 years before got $22k dong. Now I get less than $17k dong per CDN dollar.

Look at the Euro. No more money transfers my site. I have income from apartments, so not a big deal. But for sure, no more euro's my site.

Opposite is true. 21000 dong to the $. If your looking for a more inexpensive cost of living Thailand has the best value for your money. Phuket Thailand a new one bedroom condo can be had for about $45000.

Aud 15900 -$1 , reckon you've got problems ??

Today November 24th, $1 = VND 22680

In 2011 VND was 19500 each $, now is 22680. No big difference if you live in Vietnam, the only big one is when you transfer money from VN to outside, you get less $.
Cost of life in VN doesn't grow so fast as many other countries, the big difference is given by inflation, still too high.
In 2012 an house in Hoi An where I stayed few months were costi $500 per month, now same house is $350 per month.

We are comparing Dong to AUD, we are getting about 15,800...
With the devaluation, we see here in Saigon and in Danang, how the prices are going up whether food, drink, hotel prices, airline tickets...
This is reducing tourism numbers and as you say, Vn is no longer a cheaper destination...
Air fares from Aus to Vn are similar to the US...
If you want a good laugh, have a look at Airbnb's prices...

Sorry to mention it, but Vietnam is 5% cheaper now than a year ago for Yanks *. Hanoi tries to make the dong loosely track the USD, but they have devalued it about 5%, I assume for their exports. The problem is that your guys home country currencies are losing even _more_ than 5%, so that to you it seems like the dong is going up!
Euro from ~ 26.600 to 24.000, about -10%
AU$ from ~ 18.200 to 16.300, about -10.4%
Crazy year.
* rate source: XE iphone app for commercial bank rates not ATM rates