Administration fee for international schools

Does anyone know whether I need to pay for administration fee regardless I accept the space for my kid in international schools?

I heard I need to apply for the space earlier to have a space and there is no guarantee I can get a space so I decide to apply for several schools just in case but I am not sure administration fee is refundable or not?

Any experience?

Thanks in advance.

Hi flee27,

I don't have any experience with schools but maybe you should ask the schools directly when you submit application forms. They don't need to know you're applying to different schools.

We applied to 2 schools for our son and had to pay admin fees for both.
I would suggest that you have a look around the schools you think you may be interested in and then if you think they are a good match then apply.  We were advised by one school to apply to others since the likelihood of getting a place quickly was rather slim.
The only thing to be aware of is that one of the schools has told us that a child who is attending a school in Bahrain can only swap schools at the end of the school year now (recent government rule change!).
Hope this helps
S

thanks for the information you both Mummy T and missmash.
I was thinking initially applying for many schools due to limited spaces available.
application fees are quite high (double for two kids) and so I need to reduce to down to a couple.

international school in Bahrain would be a good business.