Money saving tip perhaps

for those of you that have a bestway or Intex swimming pool and use those blue and white filter cartridges, at your own risk you can try the following as I needed a filter and my stockist Espace Maison had run out if the III size.

I re-cycleed the filter by using a nylon dishwashing brush by carefully rinsing off the debris and the brushing in-between the fold of paper carefully not as not to split the paper type material.  I then rinsed it again and it almost looked quite new so I tried it again in the filter and it worked and collected the similar debris etc as before when the filter pump was switched on.   I guess that if the filter is not too soiled you can clean it up and use it again so as to get more than one use  out of it . Of course I now have some spare filters which are waiting to be used but my recycled one is on its fourth use now.  I think I should give the filter an end of life after 5 usages but if it does the trick for five times then I have saved the cost of 4 filters and also saved the environment by not having 4 more pieces of plastic to dispose of  :)

The filter has passed the 5 times use and it still looks to be in very good shape so I think it can carry on being cleaned and used for a few more times yet.

Hi,
Great idea :)

Did you know there are 2 FB pages that people who like to recycle can share their ideas for recycling.
1. MAURITIUS RECYCLING
and
2. Recycling in Mauritius

Maybe check them out:)