NOC required or not?

Dear sir,

I was working with one company in Muscat for 10 months and after cancelling my visa,I came back to India by 21st May 2013.now I am planning to come to Muscat for another job.Please confirm NOC is required for me form my last employer.Please help me.
Regards Suresh

Whether required or not, it is better to get an NOC from your previous employer - since of late the authorities are demanding an NOC for anything and everything.

Dear sir,

I had send a mail to my previous company.Their reply is as per their company policy they cannot give NOC. Actually I already got my settlement letter and visa cancellation on 21 may 2013. I came to know that after  14th  July 2014 only Oman ROP is  asking  NOC. Please clarify and help me.

Regards
Suresh

Mr.Suresh,

Regret to know that you want to come back to Muscat again inspite of the situation here...Suggest you to try and get a job in India or try someother gulf country. No need to expain to you about the situation here in Oman. Everyday some new rules are coming out against expats.

Wish you all the best.

svino!

I've observed many of your posts as discouraging. This attitude is not really welcomed. We're here just to reply and advise on various issues, pertaining to life in Oman. We are noone to stop people to join or not to join in Oman.

So please refeain to post the decisive comments.

Dear Schaz,

I did not say anything negative. Nothing wrong in telling the actual situation here at least. However, the final decision is theirs. So don't get offended my friend.

Hi everybody,

Let's make sure that we are only replying to the initiator's question, let's avoid going off topic. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

svino wrote:

Dear Schaz,

I did not say anything negative. Nothing wrong in telling the actual situation here at least. However, the final decision is theirs. So don't get offended my friend.

No, i m absolutely not offended but Yes, your comments in almost every post are kinda negative. I can not disagree with you fully because whatever you're stating is true to some extent. However, my point of view here is, that for any person, obtaining a job in Oman for the first time concerns a lot of questions/queries.
Instead of a negative advice, we could just be a bit positive enough to show him positive aspects more. People are enjoying a safe life in Oman, unlike any other country. Secondly, everyone has a right to prosper financially in his or her's life and if a good opportunity in Oman gives a hope of the same, then we shouldn't get him irked by more of negative facts rather than many other good things about it.

And above all,  me and you are here as well, despite of all these negative facts,  right ??
So its all about staying positive, determined and helping the new comers as much you could. You never know a single positive advise can widely impact on a person's life.